Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 05:50 AM   #1 
Fabian

Talking Secrets?

I heard from some of my friends who owns betta farms say that the feed their bettas with some special secret food that makes their bettas grow really fast.Does any of you have any idea what that would be?
Also,please share some of your secrets!!
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #2 
GreyHounD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
I heard from some of my friends who owns betta farms say that the feed their bettas with some special secret food that makes their bettas grow really fast.Does any of you have any idea what that would be?
Also,please share some of your secrets!!
DAPHNIA! nothing less.
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #3 
Fabian

Really?But they said they make it themselves. 0.0
Old 09-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #4 
VictorP

What about beefheart?
VictorP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #5 
Fabian

I thought beefheart have too much fat in it?
Also,too much mammal protein can cause diseases to bettas.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #6 
VictorP

You don't just put full protein you put things like spinach in as well. I have been feeding my betta beefheart and haven't had any problems so far.
VictorP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #7 
Fabian

Ok.
So,how do you make beefheart?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #8 
GreyHounD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorP View Post
You don't just put full protein you put things like spinach in as well. I have been feeding my betta beefheart and haven't had any problems so far.
VictorP can you teach me how to make beefhearts?
GreyHounD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:35 AM   #9 
Legendary

Your friends sound very selfish since they didn't tell you what it was right away! That's not a secret at all, I know about beef-heart since i was 12 back in the Dominican Republic. Yeah it is high in fat, but the things is "You have to remove the fat from the protein which is a little hard; The fat could actually kill your BETTA since they would not be able to digest it properly. Your best bet is to stay away from the LPS frozen beef heart since it would be low in protein, and a lil high on the fat. Make ur own mix and make sure your spawn is big enough to hunt non-live food. Btw the only reason i dont use it anymore is due to water changes, it will make the water cloudy as hell and you will need to do water changes like never before. IF you got the time, go for it. I remember my fry would go faster with it, but that was a while back. I may actually give it a try one of these days. Planning on breeding giants real soon.
Legendary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:00 AM   #10 
Legendary

Ok let me make it a little simple.

1. get some spinach
2. Beef Heart
3. Some liver oil
4. "OPTIONAL" some fish growth formula "Powders" forgot the name of the brand it was just so long ago.

Ok guys, so this is the formula mostly everyone uses, not only for Betta, but for other fish as well.

U have to boil the spinach till it becomes soft and easy to blend. Yes you will blend everything together. Then you clean your Beef Hearts, take away as much fat as possible. Cut it in tiny peaces, and put it in boiling water. Do not cook it! you just have to boil it till all the "CLOUDY" stuff comes out of the meat. This will prevent your tank from getting cloudy since it already came out when boiling.

Now you proceed, and put everything in a blender or whatever u may use to get a really nice mixture. You put the spinach, beef hearts in there till you get your desire mixture. Then you need some Liver Oil and pour it over the mixture, if you got some fish growth powder that they sell at the LPS designed for discus or something like that. Add a Teaspoon into the mix. then add everything back to the blender and mix it till you get your desire mixture. Get some Zip bags for the freezer and freeze the mixture. When its frozen, its ready.

Its very simple guys. I hope my english was good enough for you guys lmao. It looks very similar to frozen brine shrimps, but its superior IMO if done correctly.
Legendary is offline   Reply With Quote