Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #49321 
Laki

The giant squid is preserved because its like the only giant squid caught. And it was caught in Newfoundland waters (hence, why we display it). The elusive giant squid. The motif behind a lot of folklore and oral narrative. Not very common these days. Or ever.. I don't know. But it's 30 or so old because nobody has ever caught another.

Holy crap my laptop cooling fan is on the fritz.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #49322 
eaturbyfill

Eh, some things are better off left alone IMO.

Edit: My gerbils.. those little monsters! They really are little devils. (: I give them a toy or cardboard, and it's demolished in a matter of minutes.

We were doing our cage maintenance. The gerbils were in the pen we've always used for them, and the two hamsters were running around in balls. All of this was in the living room and kitchen area, so we could see everyone while we worked. When we finished and were getting ready to put everyone back in, we stopped and took Bear Bear, the large hamster, to the bedroom so we could sit her on the bed and get a picture of her. Well, in the 5 minutes we were gone... the gerbils escaped! I walked into the living room to have a little brown gerbil run up to my feet to say hello. We cornered them both in the kitchen and had to corral one into the pen. The other I caught, the slower one. I got him to climb on my hand and tossed him (not far, he was safe xD) into the pen. -face palm- They scared the living daylights out of me.

They've never even tried to get out before. My guess is, one of them hopped onto a toy that was too close to the edge, hopped out, and the other followed.

I'm glad I did the hand training I did, or it would have been a lot harder. They used to be terrified of hands, but they're used to me and eat from me now. I got them un-scared of people before this happened, thankfully. They can't be held very well, though, but that's because they're super-super-super hyper if they are out of the cage.

Last edited by eaturbyfill; 09-21-2012 at 08:53 PM.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #49323 
Silverfang

Actually it looks like Newfoundland is tied with New Zealand for the most found. Thank you wiki
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #49324 
Sakura8

Herbivores are the best at long nasty poops. o.O Platies, swordtails, even the honey gouramis. I never see those guys without long poops.

I love the knifefish! I want, I want, I want! Why do they have to be so big? I want one brown and one black but where would I put two huge tanks? Sigh, oh why must all the cool fish be so darn huge?

EDIT: I watched a documentary on Discovery Channel once about a Japanese team that was trying to film them. It ripped the underwater camera off the tie but just before it did that, they did get brief footage of a huge, huge eye and a very nasty-looking beak.

Last edited by Sakura8; 09-21-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #49325 
Silverfang

my pleco seems to be growing at least.

I might have to move the pandas to my 10
Old 09-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #49326 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

The one I showed you only gets 12" figured it'd be more manageable.
My LFS has one for $15 but it's a "only fish in the tank" kinda guy. xD
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #49327 
Sakura8

Elizabeth, oh goodness, glad you could catch both of those little guys! Whew!

Olympia, why am I attracted to "only fish in the tank" fish that need 55gal or larger? I keep looking at Sparky's 55gal and thinking, "What a waste of so much space!"

Silverfang, something tells me, yes, you will have to press the 10gal into service soon. Poor pandas.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #49328 
Silverfang

I just feel bad, for the shrimp, I hate to break up my shrimp tank, especially when I have breeders in there.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #49329 
Sakura8

I know, I don't blame you. You've waited so long for breeding shrimp. :(
Old 09-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #49330 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Elizabeth, oh goodness, glad you could catch both of those little guys! Whew!

Olympia, why am I attracted to "only fish in the tank" fish that need 55gal or larger? I keep looking at Sparky's 55gal and thinking, "What a waste of so much space!"

Silverfang, something tells me, yes, you will have to press the 10gal into service soon. Poor pandas.
Yeah, me too. I was so scared they would escape or get a hold of something dangerous like a cord.

They didn't act like they were trying to escape, they were just being really goofy, to be honest, lol. They were like "Oh, what's that?!" -runs to something else- "Hey, what's this?!!" -runs around and sniffs the wall- I freaked out on Jake, though. I was like "CATCH THEM BEFORE THEY GET THE COOOORDS!!11! AHMYGOD AHH"
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese