Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #41 
bellasia

Well ive disinfected main tank not sure whether tank will now have to go through the cycle again, still have old filter medium in so am hoping it will be fine? Blaze still in hospital tank dont understand why hes still so lethargic its now 6th day of medication white tips on fins reduced but not gone maybe 1 more day and then i think i will just go back to clean water nothing added maybe put in IAL any ideas always appreciated still eating in fact back to jumping for his food so i guess thats goood? never really lost his appetite heres a pics he tends to stay under the heater only comes up for food or air
Attached Images

bellasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #42 
bellasia

Would really appreciate any ideas please am stopping the meds today and will see how he goes, im keeping him in hospital tank for the moment he remains lethargic
Old 09-14-2012, 04:24 AM   #43 
TheCheese909

I wouldn't use the old filter cartridge as it may be holding whatever it was that made him ill in the first place.

If he's jumping for his food that's a good thing, he's feeling better. How much do you feed him and how often? He looks pretty thin.

EDIT://

Did you happen to get any Epson salt? You can find it at just about any drug store. It has to be free of dye and perfumes.

Last edited by TheCheese909; 09-14-2012 at 04:28 AM.
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:31 AM   #44 
bellasia

Oh i already put it back in hes always been fairly small 3 small pellets twice a day bloodworms occasionally had cut down the food although he didnt really lose his appetite have been treating him with aq salt then meds for a week worry that hes dying
Old 09-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #45 
TheCheese909

I would feed him a bit more if the pellets are small. He may just be emaciated and if he has an internal parasite that could be making it worse. If you look at the shape of the stomach on this fish this is more so how he should be shaped: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LV2FKtgcUg...A/s1600/b3.jpg What brand of pellets do you feed him?

I would cut out the Bloodworms altogether as they hold no form of nutrition. You can feed him twice a day, 3-4 pellets at a time. If you can get ahold of some frozen foods like Glass Worms or Brine Shrimp then he may liven up even quicker since feeding (thawed) frozen foods like these are high in protein. He should have a bit of a belly, it's normal and means he's well fed. Malnourished fish very often act lethargic and if they get to a point when they are so bad they may not be able to eat.

You can wait for lvandert and aokashi response based on the filter pad but I'm not sure if putting it back in and using it still is a great idea. But then again i'm paranoid about those types of things and change them whenever a fish of mine becomes ill.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #46 
bellasia

I feed him Betta Bio Gold and Sayuri Gold shall try to get hold of some frozen food prob have to order online, was always conscious of not feeding to much 3 pellets twice a day i thought would be ok thanx for yr help so hard to know what to do especially when he dosnt seem to be getting better dont know what to do about main tank now will keep him in hospital tank for now
Old 09-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #47 
TheCheese909

Your local fish/pet store should have frozen fish food, you may have to ask and see since sometimes they can hide the freezers really well in the store.

Do you have any plants in the tank with him? Some kind of soft plastic or silk plant added to his hospital tank may be helpful and make him a little more active since these guys hate being too exposed.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #48 
bellasia

No there are no pet stores where i am have to order everything online, yes he has a silk plant in with him and i also put an IAL in, he seems to be breathing quiet heavily dont know what else i can do for him
Old 09-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #49 
bellasia

Blaze starting to get worse again, white stuff at ends of fins seems to have come back have previously treated him with AQ salt (4) days then medication (1 week) and it seemed to be improving although he has remained lethargic since this began have decided to start medication again maybe i stopped to soon? just worried about doing him any further damage. Hes still in the hospital tank and still eating he seems to have been ill for so long now am doing 100% water changes using stresss coat and stress zyme as well as adding an IAL to his tank could he have something else? every morning i dont know whether ill find him alive i just want him to get better please is there anything else i could be doing?