Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #11 
Friendlyfishies

I just switched mine over to individual smaller tanks...pain with all the plugs! but great to have them all in their own homes so they can recieve individual care based on their own needs et.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #12 
SpookyTooth

I only have one betta right now and I'd love to have him in a 15gal, unfortunately mine sprung a leak (after spending ages scaping it ) so he's now in a 7gal... I won't be upgrading him in future, he seems completely and utterly content in his new home - I've never seen him so active. He used to be in a 5gal so the upgrade isn't too much of one but he just seems... happier. He's a beautiful, healthy boy and I love him to bits.

If I had multiple bettas I'd rather keep them in larger tanks (maybe 10gals a piece) and cut down numbers than more in smaller tanks but to be honest I only ever see me keeping one betta now after what's happened lately. I also find water changes eaiser on my single tank heh.

I'm sure there are many who keep multitudes of bettas in wonderful smaller homes and I'm sure that their fish are happy, healthy and will live long lives but I just want my one aquarium at the end of my bed that I can pour my heart and soul into... I'm too tired to take care of more than one anyway !
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #13 
LadyVictorian

I would say few in big tanks. I like space, I'm a space nazi. Even my 5 gal tank I look at it and feel like it's just not big enough. The only issue is my shelves only allow at max a five gallon or so I have seen. I was thinking my 10gal mouse tank could fit on the selves but I won't know till December when I bring it home. If it fits then Aquaman has a new house and I need a cover for it (mesh lid from the mice won't work)
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #14 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I would rather have a few in large tanks. My Velvet is so happy in his 5 gallon I couldn't imagine him in anything smaller. ;)
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #15 
LittleBettaFish

I think you can have both. I have two divided 5 and 8 gallon tanks, and then the rest of my bettas live in tanks from 2-25 gallons. I have 20 tanks and 15 of these are dedicated to bettas.

However, if I had to choose it would definitely be fewer bettas in bigger tanks. I hated having all these uncycled smaller tanks around. It took ages to clean them and our electricity costs were getting out of control. Cycled tanks are just so much easier to manage. I am now only do a couple of 25% water changes a week vs. 100% water changes once every 3-4 days.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #16 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yeah I live the look of my male in a 10 gallon.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #17 
babystarz

Hmm... both? The smallest tank I have a betta in right now is 4 gallons. The biggest is a 20 gallon tank one boy has all to himself XD Another has his own 9 gallon, and I have a 14 gallon sorority. And several single bettas in their 4 and 6 gallon tanks.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #18 
crowntaillove

If we're talking hypothetically here, I'd LOVE to have tons of bettas in smaller tanks (2.5), with drip systems so I wouldn't have to worry too much about water changes. I love the little boogers, they're just so pretty.
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #19 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I love them too. It seems like there more interesting in bigger tanks.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote