Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #21 
crowntaillove

my soon to be brother-in-law has aspergers. He's dead set on becoming a pilot. He knows just about everything about the titanic and helicopters. He's extremely smart and gets a lot of really pretty girls (he's a playa xD) He will argue with a brick wall and he never forgets ANYTHING. There is nothing wrong with him, he just has some difficulty relating to people.
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #22 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove View Post
my soon to be brother-in-law has aspergers. He's dead set on becoming a pilot. He knows just about everything about the titanic
O.O I know almost everything about the Titanic too and almost everything on animals. But I can't for the life of me remember math
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #23 
crowntaillove

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
O.O I know almost everything about the Titanic too and almost everything on animals. But I can't for the life of me remember math
Haha, thats cool! He has problems with Algebra.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #24 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I remember just about anything with the word aquatic in it. Aspies rule and to think evil autism speaks is trying to get rid of autism.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #25 
LadyVictorian

I can safely say today two of my problems are getting the best of me, depression and anxiety.

I think the reason so many people get into fish who have what society calls 'issues' is because they are so calm and yet easy to care for in some ways. Right now I have been dealing with my anxiety and some serious depression and I have noticed having this episode is stressful on my rats because normally I let them out with me and right now they are locked in their cage while i sit locked up in my closet.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm not blind but am considered legally blind. Really the only thing I can't do is drive. I often feel isolated. I have no friends in real life except a friend in Indiana and my second mom in Colorado. I often feel frustrated because I have no social life. I think that's why we have our fish. We all need to love and be loved and our pets fullfill some of that need. I have also suffered from anxiety and depression.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #27 
crowntaillove

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I can safely say today two of my problems are getting the best of me, depression and anxiety.

I think the reason so many people get into fish who have what society calls 'issues' is because they are so calm and yet easy to care for in some ways. Right now I have been dealing with my anxiety and some serious depression and I have noticed having this episode is stressful on my rats because normally I let them out with me and right now they are locked in their cage while i sit locked up in my closet.

Watching fish swim around actually does have a theraputic effect on people. It's been proven to help lower blood pressure, and help with anxiety. :]
Old 09-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #28 
homegrown terror

depression, social anxiety and rage issues, as well as chronic recurring bronchitis that might be COPD and probable diabetes that i'm too chickens**t to get checked out. none of it really affects my ability to care for our fishies, except when a particular object, tank or decoration is really getting on my nerves (setting up dividers is particularly annoying, felt like throwing the new one we got today across the room by the time i got it just right.)
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #29 
jeremywadejunior

I have/do suffered from chronic depression and anxiety. I have always been able to connect with animals better than people.
I think it's interesting how people with these mental "diseases" seem to be more caring and practical towards animals and people.. Or is that just me? Doesn't there seem to be a correlation between the two?
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #30 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post
I have/do suffered from chronic depression and anxiety. I have always been able to connect with animals better than people.
I think it's interesting how people with these mental "diseases" seem to be more caring and practical towards animals and people.. Or is that just me? Doesn't there seem to be a correlation between the two?
i personally think animals are worth more than people. an animal can do horrible things if pushed to it, or if it's in the animal's nature, but they never do them with any kind of malice. if there's one species of animal that NEEDS to go extinct, it's humans.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote