Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #211 
DeviCy

If the tank is acryllic do not put it in the dishwasher it will shrink.
DeviCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #212 
prodrumernate

i too am out of money..my dad will be paying for my gas too and from work until i get paid..though im using his car and he is car pooling ;) go slap him and say hey..where my money bish? haha ;)

i have stem plants..moneywort and red ludwigia...i was talking to Sakura and she said to cut them down a certain way and replant them...so hopefully i can grow more :) instead of spending a million dollars on plants.especially since mine r growing out of the tank already..stil got bad algae though grrr
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #213 
pyro fiend

suckish :\ maybe have to get more algae eaters or break down and use chems? :C

oh you lucky i kinda want ludwigia :\ but none is sold here -.- this is my first stem plant. lol im trying still get rid of the goby.. i turned tht guy down im debating on just lettin it die tbh its not eating anymore so bound to happen -.- i feel bad but its life ig. it was a surprize.. so i wasnt prepared rly lol XD n no money to aford some aq salt n stuff to make it feel more at home... so just gna wait.. and then use 10g as a growing tank ig sence its got the original hood itl pemote growth faster then my low light tank :P lol
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #214 
prodrumernate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviCy View Post
If the tank is acryllic do not put it in the dishwasher it will shrink.
ah yes...unfortunately i dont even own a dishwasher at this apartment :) but im glad u said something so i can warn others...i didnt think of that :) thank you
Old 09-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #215 
prodrumernate

i could grab a couple more snails..and a few more otos..but ill be close to over stocking my tank.and want to divide it for my other female..its mostly green algae..im told also it has something to do with my lighting..i dont have strong enough bulbs..i shut the lights off for 3 days..algae kept growing..

red ludwigia is a good plant.unfortunately mine is infest with that darn algae..its bad..now my other tanks is getn algae..mostly diatoms though.and its normal.but i know its lighting issues..atleast u can try to keep the goby alive..keeping water clean and try feeding it at times...my molly is still in a mess.but shes eating more now so im glad.but think she lost her fry..in a way good cuz i cant house them..make sure u have the right bulb.u dont wana end with algae like me
Old 09-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #216 
pyro fiend

meh idk this gobys becoming a pain.. killed a fish.. and now wants expensiv foods lmao. iv had this tank running with a betta for almost 6 months befor i took it dwn. now its in front room and has been up 3 months not a spec of algae. i should be ok.. lol. cut a small tidbit. and put it in normal tap water and let it float a few days, then mail it to me in a ziplock? ;) lol i heard doing something like tht wld kill algae in some cases same with snails o.0 ik it works with snails if its normal tap [buddy does tht] but idk on algae may look into it for you :P. last i knew to igh of light caused algae. not to low silly

just put my anubia on my driftwood lmao looks so failed cuz my driftwood aint strait so its kinda like crooked facing away from me -.- oh well ig so long as the fish like it :P

pics- another game of find the oto's ;p lol and my gay attempt at anchoring XDclear streachy cord ftw ;p
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #217 
prodrumernate

flush him down the toilet..just kidding..may have to get rid of him fast or get a separate tank just for him..not having the right light can cause algae to grow...some algae grows in low light as well..my light isnt strong enough to kill off/let plants grow stronger to over run the algae..

haha i seen 2 otos on top of the wood and 1 almost inside it.i bet they r loving it.i really need to cut mine for my tanks..

that is a good idea to tie down the plants to the wood...especially plants that have lots of roots.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #218 
pyro fiend

lol yea all 3 are healthy and accounted for lmao. you realy should go cut your wood. lol youd only been talkin about it for 2 weeks ;p lmao

yea well this is a rhizome type plant you arnt supposed to burry the rhizome, so you attatch it to something or you let it float. i was tired of 2 floaters lmaos so i tied it down. and ushed in the roots a lil to encourage growth [or so i think lol]

hmm didnt know to little light encouraged algae..[add just kicked in] all 3 ottos are on a leaf o.O the same leaf.. erm i mean XD idk on flushing him im debating in all honesty -.- i wana put my 2 girls in it. but i dnt have a divider.. may just wedge a piece just right because it 2 lil girls.. how much harm can they do.. o.0 i do however have 3 of those stem plants in the middle of the 10 to see if i need better lighting to make them grow. id just hafta move them a lil bit i suppose.

in other news. im begining to wonder if i have a miniture oto lmao. befor i got them i read males n females will chase ea othr up n down the tank and then hell run his nose into her in a T shape to make her release her eggs.. thease guys are super small.. as you seen lol and i noticed one the larger one and med one of the 3 doing tht.. and yes seen the T o.0 maybe was accedent? maybe i have super tiny adults? :P idk ig we shall see in due time lol
Old 09-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #219 
prodrumernate

i know rite..contemplating on cutting it..i may do it this weekend...so busy this week.. ;)

i like how plants r growing on drift wood.looks great in my opinion..

my oto likes the fake floating plant.if he isnt there.he likes the filter intake tube as well..i need to check on him for the day.make sure he is still alive..give him to some1 on craigslist or make some kinda trade.u can also fill a few bottoms of bottle water with any extra sand or gravel,put plants in it.and use it to hold up the divider.i actually have mine doing that plus the suction cups as well..

as long as all the plants getting light all the way around.then they are.well also having the right strength bulb as well..

otos r pretty small..i need to get more.maybe ill end up with some babies,as long as my betta doesnt eat them ;) pigmy otos u have ;)
Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #220 
pyro fiend

lol busy? rly i would have never guessed.. i was begining to think you died on me ;p

i have a plant bulb in my tank. but i rly rly need to go get the right sied bulb soon lol. the bulb hasnt grown any sitting in water for a month. but may hav needed light ;p i dnt thnk this tiny bulb i got i my outlet is strong enough to reach the plant bulb at the bottom -.-

i need to go cut some wood to anchor down the other ryzome plant. its the asian water fern. it looks funny floating o.O lol need to go cut a piece of wood from my neighbors walnut wood pile and start soaking it in some salt water to make it sink maybe even boil it a few times. incase it has tannis im to lazy to go search thru the pile tho.. plus his mom hates me n im on a weird sleep scheduled [just woke up]

i tried to make a divider.. tore apart a blk bottom trim of a broken 10 and cut it up.. now i just need to find hot glue.. and either use the glue gun or melt it on there with my lighter to hold it together [had cut the bottom a lil so it wld fit in tank] and the netting on.. itl be soooo ghetto XD