Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2012, 02:33 AM   #14551 
Pataflafla

So tomorrow's going to be my very first night closing my store by myself. It was supposed to be my training night to make sure I've got everything down pat before they expect me to do it regularly. Now my trainer said she isn't going to stay the whole night with me because she has to work in the morning too (Which I understand, but still is supposed to be my training night).

So I get a crash course in closing tomorrow and then close until Tuesday night as far as I know of since schedules aren't out yet. So that's my staying until midnight tonight, and staying probably until 1 or 2 in the morning for the next four nights.

I'm really hoping this either turns into a permanent position or a few times a week thing since I hate the flip flopping that my store seems to love so much.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:34 AM   #14552 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardFish View Post
Rant: iOS 6 update...take half an hour then erases eveything.

'Nuff said.
Omg that happenened to me! xD but there's some sort of back up on the computer that puts everything back on!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #14553 
LizardFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Omg that happenened to me! xD but there's some sort of back up on the computer that puts everything back on!
Yeah, I figured that out (thank god), but I don't see what is so great about the update. :-S
LizardFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #14554 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
So tomorrow's going to be my very first night closing my store by myself. It was supposed to be my training night to make sure I've got everything down pat before they expect me to do it regularly. Now my trainer said she isn't going to stay the whole night with me because she has to work in the morning too (Which I understand, but still is supposed to be my training night).

So I get a crash course in closing tomorrow and then close until Tuesday night as far as I know of since schedules aren't out yet. So that's my staying until midnight tonight, and staying probably until 1 or 2 in the morning for the next four nights.

I'm really hoping this either turns into a permanent position or a few times a week thing since I hate the flip flopping that my store seems to love so much.
Talk about earn while you learn at your job.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #14555 
Pataflafla

Thankfully I've closed with someone four other times to get the gist, but It's always been with the one other manager that I can't stand working with and he doesn't do a very good job of closing since he doesn't stock anything that should be stocked.

I remember coming in one morning after he closed for a 6-2 shift and I literally spent the first 30 minutes just bringing stuff up so I would have what I needed for the breakfast rush. He only made sure grill was stocked and didn't even check over front counter or drive thru.

Also glad that I know the people I'm closing with will do a good job for me even if they give me a hard time. Even if it's only for tonight. I just need one good night by myself and then I'll have it set. My boss best be glad I'm a quick learner.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #14556 
Shirleythebetta

My family has been annoying me. I hate when they say they don't have the money for necessities but they can go to a bar once a week. And go shopping for clothes... I am not going to preach to them anymore abt priorities I'm done.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:58 AM   #14557 
Kenny G

Ok my rant for today is about a co-worker. She recently brought a betta and its been 3 weeks and she kept him in a small critter keeper size: 7.125" x 4.375" x 5.5" and only uses Poland spring bottled water and no water conditioner

I keep telling her (gently as I can) he needs to be in a larger bowl with water conditioner. Well she has been out sick the past few days and I have been caring for her betta. Which I was more than happy to do.

I have taken the liberty of putting her betta in a cookie jar just under one gallon, put a good size hole in the lid for oxygen but small enough that he cannot jump out. I added river rocks, and a plastic green plant for decorations. I change his water every other day. He loves his new home and has become so much more active.

Wish me luck in trying to convince her to spend some money and get a larger tank with a filter and heater.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #14558 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
Ok my rant for today is about a co-worker. She recently brought a betta and its been 3 weeks and she kept him in a small critter keeper size: 7.125" x 4.375" x 5.5" and only uses Poland spring bottled water and no water conditioner

I keep telling her (gently as I can) he needs to be in a larger bowl with water conditioner. Well she has been out sick the past few days and I have been caring for her betta. Which I was more than happy to do.

I have taken the liberty of putting her betta in a cookie jar just under one gallon, put a good size hole in the lid for oxygen but small enough that he cannot jump out. I added river rocks, and a plastic green plant for decorations. I change his water every other day. He loves his new home and has become so much more active.

Wish me luck in trying to convince her to spend some money and get a larger tank with a filter and heater.
Lets hope she will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
My family has been annoying me. I hate when they say they don't have the money for necessities but they can go to a bar once a week. And go shopping for clothes... I am not going to preach to them anymore abt priorities I'm done.
Perhaps your family is in a stressful situation. I know that sometimes even when I am sort on funds, I will spend money on getting things that will cheer me up. Not expensive stuff but Ill go out for a coffee or a drink once in a while.

Last edited by Pilot00; 09-23-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #14559 
Shirleythebetta

They do nothing but cause stress on themselves. It's really sad. We are all struggling but me and my husband don't ask them for money. It's just getting pathetic when they can't pay their bills and they go out and buy hundred dollar pairs of shoes the day after complaining. I buy things that make me happy too when I stress but we are talking cheap crafting to keep my mind busy or I get a new fishy! :)
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #14560 
AngesRadieux

The "world history" section at my Barnes and Noble is so useless! They had a grand total of TWO books on France! And neither of them was even remotely relevant to what I was looking for. And then, hoping I'd missed something, I asked someone working there if they stocked books on 19th century France. The answer I got? "No. It's too boring. There aren't enough scandals in that time period." Really?! The July revolution! The June rebellion! 1839 uprising! And let's not forget the siege of Paris and the 1848 revolution! People REALLY don't consider ANY of that worth reading about? They REALLY don't think it's worthwhile to bother stocking ANY books about it?

I'm was so frustrated! I wasn't expecting a wealth of information, but I was expecting to find at least ONE book that would be useful! *sigh* I even scoured the military history section hoping I'd have more luck there because of all the fighting in the time period. But basically the ONLY subject in the military history section was World War II. -.-

Guess I'll be ordering books online, then... I really, really want a copy of Barricades by Jill Harsin. I've been told it's pretty easy to find in libraries, but I just searched on the website for my school's library and it's not there... I was really hoping I wouldn't have to buy it, because now I won't have enough money on my gift card for Dix Ans De Prison Au Mont-Saint-Michel. If I have to pick one to use, I'm gonna go with Barricades because that one's in English so it's just an easier resource to use.

But if I could've found Barricades at my school's library I would've gotten Dix Ans de Prison and just taken my time trying to get through the French.

But I can't believe Barnes and Noble didn't have ANYTHING! Even if they had a book on the time period that wasn't one of the two I was specifically looking for I would've been happy. But NOTHING? D:
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou