Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #51 
Xiuhcoati

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
I sometimes read this old YA book series, called Animorphs, and have the complete collection sitting around somewhere. Recently, the franchise has been revived and they are reprinting them, with new holographic type covers that "morph" just like the characters. I much prefer the original ones though, and am waiting til the whole series can be added to my Kindle via Amazon. Its going to be a while though.
The end of that series made me so mad. I spent hundreds of hours reading those books as a kid, only for my favorite character to die, my second favorite choosing to live as an animal forever, and basically nothing happy ever happening again. Rrr.
Xiuhcoati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #52 
TheCrabbyTabby

Yeah. It was a huge bummer. I really wanted something happy to happen to them.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #53 
Relic

Embarrassing? Well for a woman it wouldn't be embarrassing...but I'm a 30+ year old 6'4" 230# man, who is considered "redneckish" or "backwoods" by most and I collect thimbles and other antique sewing related items.

But to make up for my unmanly hobby of collecting thimbles, I also collect fishing related items....this is my "man cave"

Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #54 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Embarrassing? Well for a woman it wouldn't be embarrassing...but I'm a 30+ year old 6'4" 230# man, who is considered "redneckish" or "backwoods" by most and I collect thimbles and other antique sewing related items.

But to make up for my unmanly hobby of collecting thimbles, I also collect fishing related items....this is my "man cave"

Wow! look at all of that! How cool!
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #55 
RoxieStClaire

A bit late on posting here, but...

I play bingo every week with a friend. I was initially embarrassed to mention it to people but after a few weeks I realized something: OH MY GOSH the people watching is fantastic. I mean, as far as people watching goes, Walmart is good, but you still have to put up with screaming children the whole time you're there. But BINGO? No kids, just drunk adults with no filter for good vs. awkward conversations. And its the same people every week, so you get the added bonus of gossip with your weirdos. Now I tell everyone they should go to bingo.

And before you think I'm being mean and unfair, you have to realize that I make sure I put on just as much of a show. I go in with purple hair, outlandish clothes, and lucky charms. It gets me quite a few looks, and some whispers.

And hey, every now and then I win some money.

But then again, I also make crochet pokemon...

RoxieStClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #56 
Bounce

I can't decide which is more amazing - the thimbles or the fishing? I can't stop staring at the pictures!!!

What are the things in the third and fourth pictures? The things that have the hanging items?
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #57 
DreamingSmaller

I have to be in the mood to get in a groove (but since I own/host one forum for it,and mod or admin more than a couple...I must get into the groove on occasion ),and most of my collection (built and unbuilt) were lost in a house fire last year...but at 39 I still build model car kits,got back into is back around '08...a couple examples.

I've been known to whip the kids at their own game (literally ) with video games-been a gamer since the Atari 2600 days (and not likely to stop anytime soon,though I take "spells").

Seems like there should be more ("embarrassing hobbies"),but most of mine are more mainstream and "manly"...I've built some VW's,hotrod's,minitrucks,a Mustang or 2 to dragrace (street legal no less),I'm an avid cyclist when the old spinal injuries allow (I had 2,300 miles in,mostly road miles this year,on June 1,for example,but haven't felt up to riding since June 1 so far...).
Attached Images

DreamingSmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #58 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Pokemon. Nuff said.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #59 
DreamingSmaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
Pokemon. Nuff said.
Ok,ok...I'm in the middle of Black,just beat White on the DS ...but I'm more of a M rated FPS on the 360 (Halo series,Gears of War series,etc) kinda-guy
DreamingSmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #60 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
I can't decide which is more amazing - the thimbles or the fishing? I can't stop staring at the pictures!!!

What are the things in the third and fourth pictures? The things that have the hanging items?
Those are Chatelaine{French translation means "Mistress of the castle"}
In the 18th and 19th centuries, women in charge of their estates wore a decorative clip of long chains holding important household items about the waist. These items were things like the key to a pantry where valuable tea, spices and food were kept; a small notebook; sewing items; a magnifying glass; or maybe a watch, nail file, or compass. The earlier waist-hung items were referred to as "equipage", later evolving to "chatelaine" in the early 1800s
The top one is from 1774 and the bottom one is from 1857.
The top one is believed to be owned by Elizabeth Downes Franklin who was married to William Franklin..."Illegitimate" son of Benjamin Franklin.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote