Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #61 
Frazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSmaller View Post
I have to be in the mood to get in a groove (but since I own/host one forum for it,and mod or admin more than a couple...I must get into the groove on occasion ),and most of my collection (built and unbuilt) were lost in a house fire last year...but at 39 I still build model car kits,got back into is back around '08...a couple examples.

I've been known to whip the kids at their own game (literally ) with video games-been a gamer since the Atari 2600 days (and not likely to stop anytime soon,though I take "spells").

Seems like there should be more ("embarrassing hobbies"),but most of mine are more mainstream and "manly"...I've built some VW's,hotrod's,minitrucks,a Mustang or 2 to dragrace (street legal no less),I'm an avid cyclist when the old spinal injuries allow (I had 2,300 miles in,mostly road miles this year,on June 1,for example,but haven't felt up to riding since June 1 so far...).
NICE! Love how real the rust looks!
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #62 
Bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Those are Chatelaine{French translation means "Mistress of the castle"}
In the 18th and 19th centuries, women in charge of their estates wore a decorative clip of long chains holding important household items about the waist. These items were things like the key to a pantry where valuable tea, spices and food were kept; a small notebook; sewing items; a magnifying glass; or maybe a watch, nail file, or compass. The earlier waist-hung items were referred to as "equipage", later evolving to "chatelaine" in the early 1800s
The top one is from 1774 and the bottom one is from 1857.
The top one is believed to be owned by Elizabeth Downes Franklin who was married to William Franklin..."Illegitimate" son of Benjamin Franklin.
So interesting and so very cool!
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #63 
DreamingSmaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzle View Post
NICE! Love how real the rust looks!
LOL,thanks,you know how I got it to look so real? It IS real,I joke "I'm so good I can rust plastic",which basically I did. There's a pair of products at Michaels,one is liquid lead that you brush paint on where you want rust,the other is an weathering solution that you brush on after the lead is dry (obviously wear safety protection ),and there's a fairly easy technique to get it all looking like that with this stuff,and a few household items (too long to post here,I could email it to ya). The "rust holes" were drilled out with a small bit in a pin vice,and bigger holes could be Dremel'd out...
DreamingSmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #64 
Frazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSmaller View Post
LOL,thanks,you know how I got it to look so real? It IS real,I joke "I'm so good I can rust plastic",which basically I did. There's a pair of products at Michaels,one is liquid lead that you brush paint on where you want rust,the other is an weathering solution that you brush on after the lead is dry (obviously wear safety protection ),and there's a fairly easy technique to get it all looking like that with this stuff,and a few household items (too long to post here,I could email it to ya). The "rust holes" were drilled out with a small bit in a pin vice,and bigger holes could be Dremel'd out...
I got a Datsun model that i wanted to make look like a slammed Jap Rat-Rod, and rust will be needed!
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #65 
DreamingSmaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzle View Post
I got a Datsun model that i wanted to make look like a slammed Jap Rat-Rod, and rust will be needed!
Here's a link to the tutorial I used when I built that last year...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRbVQwvhTWA
DreamingSmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #66 
MsGita

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
*gasp* You sicko!
haha I should have made that clearer. My paintings are embarrassing because of lack of talent not because the subjects are embarrassing. lol

I guess I'll further embarrass myself....
Attached Images

MsGita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #67 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGita View Post
haha I should have made that clearer. My paintings are embarrassing because of lack of talent not because the subjects are embarrassing. lol

Okay.. You need to hear this, if THAT is an embarrassing lack of talent, then I am a three headed alien.

In NO WAY you should be embarrassed! Those are gorgeous! I am very jealous of your talent with a brush.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #68 
MsGita

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
*gasp* You sicko!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
Okay.. You need to hear this, if THAT is an embarrassing lack of talent, then I am a three headed alien.

In NO WAY you should be embarrassed! Those are gorgeous! I am very jealous of your talent with a brush.

Wow thank you. I have only ever shown my paintings to one person in real life. I'm just too embarrassed to show people who can judge me in person.
So I appreciate your compliment.
MsGita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #69 
Leeniex

Quote:

Holy crap, you are good!
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #70 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Wow thank you. I have only ever shown my paintings to one person in real life. I'm just too embarrassed to show people who can judge me in person.
So I appreciate your compliment.
I'm only saying it how I see it :)
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote