Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #251 
ThePearlFish
Member
 
ThePearlFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: VA
I believe in the paranormal, supernatural or out of the ordinary.

I also think that people can be receptive to these kinds of things.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #252 
Freyja
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
I'm a believer as well. I had a guardian spirit throughout my childhood right up to when I got married. I remember him being a shadowy form who would be at the foot of my bed just watching me sleep. At one point, young as I was, I got scared and he moved to my doorway where he remained. I remember one time I was just waking up on a Saturday, about 10:30, and I felt a pressure on my bed, like some knelt on my bed with one knee. I thought it was my mom so I told her to leave me alone and swiped at her knee...only neither mom nor knee were there . He growled at and attacked what at the time I thought was my best friend. Needless to say he knew better than I did about her. I miss him sometimes but I think him leaving was because he felt my hubby was good enough to look after me. The only person I wish I could contact is my grandpa. Up to the time I was eleven, when he died, to me the sun rose and set by that man.

Last edited by Freyja; 09-14-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #253 
PaintingPintos
Member
 
PaintingPintos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Very far away from you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
I'm a believer as well. I had a guardian spirit throughout my childhood right up to when I got married. I remember him being a shadowy form who would be at the foot of my bed just watching me sleep. At one point, young as I was, I got scared and he moved to my doorway where he remained. I remember one time I was just waking up on a Saturday, about 10:30, and I felt a pressure on my bed, like some knelt on my bed with one knee. I thought it was my mom so I told her to leave me alone and swiped at her knee...only neither mom nor knee were there . He growled at and attacked what at the time I thought was my best friend. Needless to say he knew better than I did about her. I miss him sometimes but I think him leaving was because he felt my hubby was good enough to look after me. The only person I wish I could contact is my grandpa. Up to the time I was eleven, when he died, to me the sun rose and set by that man.
Awwww....your guardian spirit sounds a lot like Roy, he would always stand around my room and during the time he was in my house, not a single other spirit existed here. Once I sent him "on" the others started flooding in. I feel so attached to him, I feel like we were the best of friends and sometimes I cry because I miss him so much.
Anyway, it feels amazing to be protected, and I hope you're thankful, because it's not that common for a spirit to just decide to be your guardian :)
That's crazy, though! Roy always warned me about being careful, too. When something bad was about to happen, he'd show up.
He never scared my animals like the spirits now do (though they'd watch him move around with wide eyes and raised fur).
If you'd like to contact your grandpa, DO SO. It is soooo easy and you absolutely wouldn't regret it. I like to talk to my relatives every so often just to let them give me any messages they'd like to.

Good luck :3
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #254 
ballyhoo
New Member
 
ballyhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dayton, Ohio
I wish I had a ghost, i'm awful lonely most the time and would like a friend.
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #255 
Freyja
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingPintos View Post
Awwww....your guardian spirit sounds a lot like Roy, he would always stand around my room and during the time he was in my house, not a single other spirit existed here. Once I sent him "on" the others started flooding in. I feel so attached to him, I feel like we were the best of friends and sometimes I cry because I miss him so much.
Anyway, it feels amazing to be protected, and I hope you're thankful, because it's not that common for a spirit to just decide to be your guardian :)
That's crazy, though! Roy always warned me about being careful, too. When something bad was about to happen, he'd show up.
He never scared my animals like the spirits now do (though they'd watch him move around with wide eyes and raised fur).
If you'd like to contact your grandpa, DO SO. It is soooo easy and you absolutely wouldn't regret it. I like to talk to my relatives every so often just to let them give me any messages they'd like to.

Good luck :3
I was always thankful. When I was old enough to realize what he was I would talk to him and it was so peaceful for me.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #256 
PaintingPintos
Member
 
PaintingPintos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Very far away from you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballyhoo View Post
I wish I had a ghost, i'm awful lonely most the time and would like a friend.
I feel that way sometimes....
There are 5+ ghosts that wander my house/yard, but only really one that is there 24/7, which is Megan the little girl.
I get lonely too. I have friends on the other side more than I have friends in this world. Even other side animals are really comforting and it's just great to know that not only are you keeping them company, you're raising their energy levels (juts don't let them sap your energy) and you're kind of like a Ghost Psychologist. Hahaha.
Well last night I was feeling especially bold, so I stepped out into the pitch-black hallway and called Megan over. I decided I'd have a little chat at 11pm (when the activity starts to bump up, the maximum of the activity is at 3am) but then I chickened out because I couldn't see her though I felt her, and I didn't wanna venture further into the open rooms like she was telling me to.

:/
All in all, it was unsuccessful, but I like to scare myself and hopefully I'll try again tonight!!
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #257 
PaintingPintos
Member
 
PaintingPintos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Very far away from you!
HAY GUYS!!!
Yesterday I was painting and when I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, Megan was standing DIRECTLY BEHIND ME. In the reflection of the kitchen window I saw her...
Very scary, I told her to go away but she was like "Nah, I'll stay here" then she followed me to my room.
Then later at night I woke up to someone knocking on my door. Not fun.
I'm trying to hear them better still, even though they scare me a lot!!!
Good luck to other psychics out there~
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #258 
BettaHeart
Member
 
BettaHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kamloops, B.C. Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballyhoo View Post
I wish I had a ghost, i'm awful lonely most the time and would like a friend.

please be careful because you may attract the opposite friendly ghost you are hoping for. The lonely ones respond to those like you and i because some do want another's company and sometimes the dark ones hear more loudly because they see it as a vulnerable target to damage or destroy.

i have several guardians, human and animal, as well so knowing that sometimes helps to keep from being too lonely.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #259 
BettaHeart
Member
 
BettaHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kamloops, B.C. Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxieStClaire View Post
Have to interject here, because I have the exact same thing happen to me on a regular basis, and I think you're still describing the classic case of sleep paralysis. The thing people don't realize is you CAN be fully alert, and still experiencing things more related to the dreamlike state (visions, sensations of pressure/touch, sounds) because the parts of you brain responsible for creating dreams are still in effect for sometimes a good long while. You say it FELT like hours had passed but you don't know that for sure.

For instance two nights ago I woke up, couldn't move, felt something trying to drag me off the bed and could have sworn I was screaming for the whole time (which felt like hours), when in reality I was still solidly on my bed, hadn't made a peep, and it was only about 2 hours after I had even fallen asleep in the first place. This sort of experience happens to me at least once a month, and I can even trigger it by sleeping on my back (which for obvious reasons I now try to avoid entirely).

From wikipedia:

This seems to describe your personal experience very well, especially since in an earlier post you said it started out while you were still in a dreamlike state. I say if this happens on a regular basis, I would go get a sleep study done. Even if you don't have an episode while you're there, the researchers can try to find an underlying cause. In my case, it is possibly linked to respiratory issues and my inability to produce enough melatonin to fall asleep on my own.

If its not happening regularly, I wouldn't worry too much. I don't mean to try and bully you (you can go ahead and think its ghosts for all I care), but I just wanted to inform you because frequent sleep paralysis episodes can be a symptom of other (sometimes serious) health problems and have nothing to do with ghosts.


"We need not raise the question as to whether such a condition of density is compatible with the opinion held by modern science,
for science and logical thought can,owing to their inherent attributes, never say the final word as to what is possible, or impossible"
quote from Rudolf Steiner on the subject of Atlantis and Lemuria, which i also believes ties in well with ghosts, cryptozoology, mystical/mythical creatures such as fairies, unicorns, elfs, sea serpents, dragons, gryphons and aliens. lol

Last edited by BettaHeart; 09-23-2012 at 03:54 PM.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #260 
PaintingPintos
Member
 
PaintingPintos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Very far away from you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
please be careful because you may attract the opposite friendly ghost you are hoping for. The lonely ones respond to those like you and i because some do want another's company and sometimes the dark ones hear more loudly because they see it as a vulnerable target to damage or destroy.

i have several guardians, human and animal, as well so knowing that sometimes helps to keep from being too lonely.
Right....if you want a friend, DO NOT go looking for a ghost.
Pretty dumb thing to do. I'm being a bit harsh, but seriously, even the friendliest and most well-meaning ones are pretty scary (despite what you might think "oh that would be so cool to see one" IT ISN'T COOL.). They can easily sap out your energy, and they are like nosy people: once one knows that you can see them, they flock to you.
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.