Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2012, 06:10 AM   #11 
Thunderloon

http://www.amazon.com/TRC-90265-6-01.../dp/B000XU5MEG

Always.

Off of one of those I run a short cord squarish power bar then hook other power bars in, one per tank. That way if I need to immediately turn off ALL of one tank, click - its off.

The other method I use is to hook heater/light/filter of each tank into one of those orange 3-way connectors.
A fifty watt heater, 15 watt light and 12 watt filter don't add up to a single amp draw, so you could have fifteen small tanks all hooked up through one of these plugs.

Get yourself one of those ground-fault plug-blocks above, it WILL save a life - maybe yours, maybe your fish.

Last edited by Thunderloon; 09-19-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #12 
Friendlyfishies

thank you everyone! Many great thoughts on here. I will have to budget tightly these next couple of weeks then I should be able to get one of those yellow boxes and a long cord power bar within the next two weeks. Im thinking of getting the 12 outlet bar, that makes sense, than I wont have to run two power strips. Im also thinking of getting some kind of tubing to put around the extension cord (it is a heavy duty ext cord, not a lamp cord) but it is getting walked on...do you guys know if they have a tube that can go around the cord to protect it at homedepot or lowes?
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #13 
goldfishyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlyfishies View Post
thank you everyone! Many great thoughts on here. I will have to budget tightly these next couple of weeks then I should be able to get one of those yellow boxes and a long cord power bar within the next two weeks. Im thinking of getting the 12 outlet bar, that makes sense, than I wont have to run two power strips. Im also thinking of getting some kind of tubing to put around the extension cord (it is a heavy duty ext cord, not a lamp cord) but it is getting walked on...do you guys know if they have a tube that can go around the cord to protect it at homedepot or lowes?
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wiremold-CDI15-Corduct-On-Floor-Protector/dp/B0006VAWFG]Amazon.com: Wiremold CDI15 Corduct On-Floor Cord Protector, 15-Ft: Home Improvement[/ame] Try one of these, it forms a ramp so that you don't trip or put pressure on the cord when walking over it, also if you have things with wheels the go right over without smashing the cord.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote