Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #21 
lcswoosh05

So far he didn't make a ton of bubbles but just a little bit I noticed. Also he wasn't eating as much before but now his eating more like normal so that's good news.
lcswoosh05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #22 
Meatpuppet

its good he's starting to act healthy. i say it is the temp now that its warmer but i still recomend the heater
and his fins, they should grow back fine, no meds needed, just keep up with the water changes to keep the prameters good
Meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #23 
lcswoosh05

This is soo good news now since my Betta is doing better it even made alot more bubble nest so that means it's getting better and better. But one thing I was wondering if I change the water often and then of cource the bubble nest is gone well the Betta get upset or wonder where the nest is again or are they not smart enough and they just go ahead and make new bubble nest again?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #24 
iamntbatman

It's pretty difficult to tell if the betta gets upset, but he will likely just go about making a new nest. Mine does this every time I change his water, as have all my past bettas.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #25 
lcswoosh05

I am very glad that my Betta is doing really well since it's making alot of bubble nest. I guess Bettas can live in the bowl I have perfectly fine but only thing I will need is a heater when it gets cold again. But if there isn't a heater for my bowl then maybe I just have to heat the room up when it gets cold at night around winter time. I guess that the Pet World was right that Bettas can live in any size bowls or tanks. I know that the manager of the Pet World said that she had a Betta that lasted 6 years in a bowl like mine. Also there was a worker there that said that she had her Betta for 3 years. She had her Betta in a bowl size that was similar as mine.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #26 
stephenmontero

yea but there is a difference between living and thriving right now ur betta will just be alive not at his prime
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #27 
mritter

Reddish Blue Betta

I was reading all the comments and replys about the Reddish Blue Betta that is being kept in a tiny fish bowl and I agree with everything said about keeping a betta in fish bowl. I too started out with the fad of keeping a Betta in a large vase/fish bowl, and found that due to the water conditons, he became ill. After much research and reading up on Bettas, I learned alot and now have a very happy, warm and thriving fish in a 5 gallon tank with three cory catfish, whom he enjoys hanging out with. The best advice right now, is to go to your local library and check out a book on the care of Betta's as well as information on fresh water aquariums and become informed, do not trust what the pet store clerks tell you. With books on both subjects you will learn about the "cycling" of a tank, the diseases that can occur and what to do about the illness, if possible, and other tips to make your betta have a long and happy life.
mritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:44 AM   #28 
lcswoosh05

I heard you guys say that Bettas do change color but mine is starting to change colors. It use to be more red on the body but now it's a little bit more lighter color. Is that ok? Just wanted to make sure.