Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #1 
jamill02

Something strange

Ok now my betta has like some white stuff coming out the bottom of his body underneath his fins at his stomach...like is that his poop hole? it looks like it is bulging out right there and he stays at the top of tank very still like he about to die unless I tap the tank...he does not swim very much anymore either. Is he constipated? Help
jamill02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #2 
okiemavis

Hi and welcome to fishforum. We're going to need some more information before we can help you. Could you read this link and tell us the information it asks for?
http://www.fishforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=882
okiemavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #3 
jamill02

Well i have only had my betta since friday...i changed his water yesterday and he is in a 1/2 gallon tank the one that comes in the betta kit....he does not have live plants he has an artificial.....i do not know the temp of his water because i have not got an theomater yet....he gets some natural sunlight but not every day....i have not tested the water with the test strips or whatever becuase i did not know i was....the aquarium is setup in freshwater.....i do not have a filter....i think the tank is too small for that and I feed him nutrafin max betta food flakes....which i know i need to get some live food in his diet....i hope this will help to answer my question above.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:53 AM   #4 
Shortie55505

he's probably constipated. But you need to up size that tank a min 2.5gal. the heater is a must! his temp needs to stay between 75-86 F. the filter is important but not abosulty nessecery if you cant afford one right now. is the plant silk or plastic?
Shortie55505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:06 AM   #5 
jamill02

His plant is plastic...so area i described with the white stuff bulging out...is that his poop hole
Old 06-05-2008, 06:12 AM   #6 
Flashygrrl

Thaw out a frozen pea (stick it in a bit of water and microwave it for a few secs), let it cool, squish it between your fingers and see if he'll eat it.

One other question...does your betta look like a pinecone from above?
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote