Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #11 
Aahnay

Wow, GREAT job! Thank you so much =)
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #12 
puffin463

Excellent tutorial. I am still in the process of cycling a 2.5 gal. tank for my Betta. He presently lives in the Betta tank, not his original bowl.... I've been reading and trying to do the right thing to make sure my Betta boy will continue to be healthy.
At one point my readings on the 2.5 gal. tank were correct re: the testing strips so I put Fishy into the bigger tank. The filter had him swerving all over the place and after a day or so, he would not leave the back corner, under the filter. As this concerned me, I put him back into his Betta bowl, using partly cycled water and treated water. He has been so happy for about a week. I do partial changes every few days. He eats frozen blood worms and brine shrimp, only tiny pieces a day. He will not touch a pellet even if it is crushed.
I am very concerned that keeping him in the smaller tank (less than a gallon) is not the right place to keep him. After spending the money to buy the larger tank and finding him not happy in it, I am considering getting another Betta to put into the larger tank and keeping my happy boy where he is with regular partial water changes.
I lost my last fish to bloating and am trying to be vigilant with this little guy. He brings alot of happiness to me. I spend alot of time in the kitchen and he puts on a pretty little show much of the time.

Any suggestions are very much welcome before I consider purchasing another fish for the bigger tank.
I wish I had belonged to this group when I had Bettas previously!

puffin463 and FishyBoy
puffin463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #13 
wallywestisthebest333

This is AMAZING! I really wish I'd seen the bucket method mentioned back when I was into cycling my tank!
It's gonna be REALLY helpful for my friend though! :D
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #14 
bahamut285

I guess I should comment because the link is most definitely buried now. They're in my signature :)
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't know what to say except that now people will have two options and two different views on cycling.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #16 
CluelessBettaOwner

Thank you so much!!! I didn't know the bucket method existed!! I was really worried about cycling my tanks with fish in them, but now! I can do the bucket method!
CluelessBettaOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #17 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Thanks, glad it helped!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #18 
katmandew

This is my first tank and I'm about to start cycling using the ammonia method (fishless). Just to be sure, you are saying NOT to do a water change until the tank is cycled? I have a 5.5 gallon tank, filter, light, heater, gravel and silk plants.
katmandew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #19 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmandew View Post
This is my first tank and I'm about to start cycling using the ammonia method (fishless). Just to be sure, you are saying NOT to do a water change until the tank is cycled? I have a 5.5 gallon tank, filter, light, heater, gravel and silk plants.
Yes, no need to do a water change. Unless you put in too much ammonia at first, it should be fine.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #20 
katmandew

thank you
katmandew is offline   Reply With Quote