Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #11 
SurprisinglyFemale

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
very nice XD
Don't us just love my froggies!? :D Tyrannith just started eating their leftovers O.O his belly is huge...
SurprisinglyFemale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #12 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Those frogs are adorable and so your Betta he shines, love his color !!!!
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #13 
SurprisinglyFemale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
Those frogs are adorable and so your Betta he shines, love his color !!!!
Thank you! I love them all =] I think Tyrannith is still pretty young? He's only an inch long (not counting his tail) barely bigger than my frogs xD
Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #14 
kfryman

Just for future reference and all that, Dwarf hairgrass is a plant that needs medium light, about 55 PAR, watts doesn't really mean anything. Also, you need a fertile substrate, like Ecocomplete or stratum, otherwise it will really only grow up, not out. Trimmings also help to promote horizontal growth.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #15 
SurprisinglyFemale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Just for future reference and all that, Dwarf hairgrass is a plant that needs medium light, about 55 PAR, watts doesn't really mean anything. Also, you need a fertile substrate, like Ecocomplete or stratum, otherwise it will really only grow up, not out. Trimmings also help to promote horizontal growth.
Im going to add fertile substrate and better light in a few months. Right now, I just want to keep it from browning! My DIY bottle gets set up tomorrow, too.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #16 
kfryman

The only problem when you add CO2 you should up your lights by either lowering them, or by adding more. When I added CO2 my light was too high and I ended up with a ton of algae. I lowered it, and it has been growing amazingly. Also you Ned more ferts when you get into a "higher tech" tank because plants will burn through the ferts.

To be honest, having higher tech tanks get more expensive, lights usually cost more and then you are using ferts all the time, I don't think it is worth it if you are just trying to keep a plant alive. It's your call, but I would research more if I were you.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #17 
SurprisinglyFemale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
The only problem when you add CO2 you should up your lights by either lowering them, or by adding more. When I added CO2 my light was too high and I ended up with a ton of algae. I lowered it, and it has been growing amazingly. Also you Ned more ferts when you get into a "higher tech" tank because plants will burn through the ferts.

To be honest, having higher tech tanks get more expensive, lights usually cost more and then you are using ferts all the time, I don't think it is worth it if you are just trying to keep a plant alive. It's your call, but I would research more if I were you.
Well...die slower than they're already dying. Once they're all gone, ill be switching them with some lower tech plants.