Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #21 
WashingtonCowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermoon View Post
It is my business as I am the President of Lone Star Bettas, and it was my friend that drew it specifically for LSB as part of the logo.

The fish is the main part of the Logo, that is the reason I asked you.

Now, I will let my friend know that you are using it and see what he thinks. He is not on this forum.
Sounds good, but maybe you should also acquire some manners in the process
WashingtonCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #22 
Coppermoon

My original post on the matter was not meant to be rude. If it came off that way, please accept my apology. I only asked who you were, because you could have been related to my friend that drew the fish, so there for you may have had permission. 2nd, I asked if you had gotten permission as using someone else's photo without permission is a copy right issue even if it is not posted that you may only use the photo with permission. It is almost understood that if the picture/photo is not yours, you need to get permission from the owner.

Again, I was not meaning to be rude.

Lori

If you want to see the logo in use, please visit LoneStarBettas.com

My friend said it was ok to use the Logo fish.

Last edited by Coppermoon; 09-24-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Coppermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #23 
ao
TFK Moderator

As an artist I have to back copper on that one. Anything created by an individual without a legal document stating otherwise is copyrighted to that individual... even a mindlessly drawn doodle :) A lot of times people say "i got it from google" but google is a search engine, not a free stock photo provider, it is unable to differentiate between creative commons photo and one that is under copyright ^_^
it is up to the job of the user to find out what the copyright status of that picture is.
an item is still copyrighted to its creator years after their death (I believe 70 years)
it's a good practice to know where your photo comes from and whether you should use it in a public place :) a lot of people get sued in such ways over these copyright laws...

I don't believe copper is rude. it's just shocking to see a logo belonging to his company on someone else's avatar.
it would be polite to seek permission to use an artwork not belonging to you... it is also respectful to the artist and the owners...
because believe it or not, the drawing is their property no matter how "public" it may seem. you wouldn't go arround taking things that is in a store for public display first then ask the owner for permission later right?

Last edited by ao; 09-24-2012 at 11:03 AM.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #24 
Coppermoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
As an artist I have to back copper on that one. Anything created by an individual without a legal document stating otherwise is copyrighted to that individual... even a mindlessly drawn doodle :) A lot of times people say "i got it from google" but google is a search engine, not a free stock photo provider, it is unable to differentiate between creative commons photo and one that is under copyright ^_^
it is up to the job of the user to find out what the copyright status of that picture is.
an item is still copyrighted to its creator years after their death (I believe 70 years)
it's a good practice to know where your photo comes from and whether you should use it in a public place :) a lot of people get sued in such ways over these copyright laws...

I don't believe copper is rude. it's just shocking to see a logo belonging to his company on someone else's avatar.
it would be polite to seek permission to use an artwork not belonging to you... it is also respectful to the artist and the owners...
because believe it or not, the drawing is their property no matter how "public" it may seem. you wouldn't go arround taking things that is in a store for public display first then ask the owner for permission later right?
Thank you :D ...and yes it was a shock to see LSB Fish as an avatar that is a non-member of Lone Star Bettas. (I'm a her,but the artist is a Him ;D).

The only difference in LSB logo is the fish in the avatar is mirror image...

Last edited by Coppermoon; 09-24-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Coppermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #25 
WashingtonCowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermoon View Post
My original post on the matter was not meant to be rude. If it came off that way, please accept my apology. I only asked who you were, because you could have been related to my friend that drew the fish, so there for you may have had permission. 2nd, I asked if you had gotten permission as using someone else's photo without permission is a copy right issue even if it is not posted that you may only use the photo with permission. It is almost understood that if the picture/photo is not yours, you need to get permission from the owner.

Again, I was not meaning to be rude.

Lori

If you want to see the logo in use, please visit LoneStarBettas.com

My friend said it was ok to use the Logo fish.
Its all good, I can change it if needed. Please tell your friend thanks :)
Old 09-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #26 
xShainax

I had a beautiful HM with elephant ears. I loved him
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #27 
WashingtonCowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post

Trust me, you are speaking to a photographer :P

MY reply would have been VERY different if the post didn't come off as rude as it did (I realize now that is wasn't intentional, but still)
Old 09-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #28 
magnum

Quote:
If Lone Star Bettas of the artist asks me to remove it, I will, otherwise, its non of your business.
Quote:
Sounds good, but maybe you should also acquire some manners in the process
These sound ruder to me than anything Coppermoon said. She politley asked you were your DP was from, you responded rudely.

Anyways, I guess its not my problem.
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #29 
WashingtonCowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum View Post
These sound ruder to me than anything Coppermoon said. She politley asked you were your DP was from, you responded rudely.

Anyways, I guess its not my problem.
It was the "Who are you" that sounded rude. Anyways, its been taken care of. I've had a pretty ****ty week and haven't been in the greatest mood, and that probably had something to do with it.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #30 
ao
TFK Moderator

Let's get back on topic guys!
Dumbo eared Bettas!
lol
ao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta fish, dumbo, elephant ear, jazz hands