Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #1 
zaylia

Question How high can the water be? Can the water make me sick?

I did a cleaning but put the water a couple inches higher. There is an inch or two before the saran wrap with holes, and one big hole. Is this okay as long as he can get air?

Also, if I dip my finger in when cleaning, do I need to wash my hands before eating? Can their water make humans ill?

Thanks for your time!
zaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #2 
registereduser

I wash my hands before and after dealing with the tanks. Just common sense I think. You are probably in more danger if ceiling flakes falling into your food
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #3 
zaylia

lol yeah they don't taste so good! And I wash my hands lol. I just didn't quite know how to phrase the question for the answer I am looking for. Without explaining more. I am a little bit of a germaphobe. But To a point I believe even after washing hands, some remains. Which is why I can't touch chicken without a fork and knife to cut it lol

My sister said it was deadly to us, that if I use a kitchen container for his water to acclimate we can't use the dish anymore.

Is it dangerous for that kind of thing?
Old 09-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #4 
babystarz

Actually it's the other way around; if you ever use a dish or bowl and wash it with detergent you shouldn't use it for fish water.

Fish water certainly doesn't contain anything deadly enough to survive a hand-washing with antibacterial soap. But yes, certain bacteria and viruses can live in tank water, which is why it's really important to keep the water quality in your tanks up to par by using filtration (and plants help), and of course appropriate water changes.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #5 
zaylia

Thank you! Lots of good info :)