Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #71 
Ramla

Thanks so much ^^ your drawing and explanation really helped, and it finally helped click for my brain, I've been trying to wrap my brain around the whole thing, but haven't had a lot of luck in just simply reading about it. So this guide is much appreciated!
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #72 
norico

Thank you for great information.
I would like to know how about NH4?
norico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #73 
dramaqueen
Banned

We also have a sticky on cycling by Olympia so now we'll have info on cycling from two different perspectives.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #74 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
We also have a sticky on cycling by Olympia so now we'll have info on cycling from two different perspectives.
As well as a sticky specific for Bettas that I made so we have 3 perspectives on cycling/nitrogen cycle....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #75 
bahamut285

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
As well as a sticky specific for Bettas that I made so we have 3 perspectives on cycling/nitrogen cycle....

Is this a problem? It's honestly starting to feel like it. I have NEVER begged for this to be a sticky and have in fact declined to Sakura to make it so. I was planning on breaking the images to render this guide useless but a few people have PM'd me not to do so as they really like the pictures and prefer it over a huge wall of text.

My guide is completely different. As it says in the first sentence: It is not HOW to cycle your tank. It is how it WORKS. So people will understand that it's not just some sort of magical spell cast on your filter that makes it safe for your fish.

I'm not asking for a Nobel Prize or to suddenly be a Gold Member on this forum and have 100000 threadviews. I just want this guide to happily coexist in peace. If anybody has personal issues with me or this guide, I'd ask to kindly keep it off the forum or off this thread.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #76 
dramaqueen
Banned

We don't have a problem with your guide at all. What do the amount of posts someone has have to do with anything?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #77 
LadyVictorian

I'll only have you to blame when I can't find smiling bacteria in my filter that look like that <.<.....jk ^-^ those were cute illustrations and I loved it. Really simplified the process and made it less scary to some I would think. Very helpful especially for people new to cycling.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #78 
LionCalie

Quote:
We don't have a problem with your guide at all. What do the amount of posts someone has have to do with anything?
Just wanted to point out that she said thread views, not posts. What I got from it was she didn't post the guide with the desire for it to be hugely popular on the forum with tons of views.

I agree it is a great guide. The adorable pictures help simplify the Nitrogen cycle while having just the right amount of scientific information to not give me a headache.

Wish I had seen this back when I first started learning about the Nitrogen cycle.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:58 AM   #79 
Sakura8

Bahamut, no it's not a problem at all. I believe OFL was simply pointing out that the forum now has many sources on cycling instead of just the one source we used to have. Your guide is excellent for helping us understand how the nitrogen cycle works so that when people consult the cycling guides they can better understand what they need to do to cycle their tanks.

If at any time you change your mind and wish for a link to be placed in the Step-By-Step Cycling sticky, all you have to do is PM a mod and we'll get that done for you.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:55 AM   #80 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
I see Drama queen's reply as a positive one not a negative one XD
like, yay, we have two different perspectives on cycling!

and OFL always uses...
which keeps her somewhat neutral and open to interpretation
ao is online now   Reply With Quote