Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #1 
zaylia

Question How often should Bettas poo?

I don't think mine has until just now, it is Monday, 11:45 am. Brought him home on Saturday around 9 pm

good or bad sign?
zaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #2 
lelei

I had this question a while back too, and the norm is usually within hours, kinda like us..lol..but if it's days, then as long as your seeing a lot (about 3 cinamon bun-looking brown drops) I would say it's normal, my fishy's pretty much do one or 2 every other day..some fish do more, and some may within hours, I would just watch for signs of constipation, bloating, and lethargy..but if he's active, and colorful, and eating normally, he is fine, and in a new home, they will have to adjust to new food, and schedules, if your feeding him 2-3x a day..you should see poo at least 2x a day..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #3 
zaylia

Yikes I guess he was constipated. It was all one piece of poo, a "log" of fish poo.

I thought I would feed him a 2-3 flakes when i wake up, wehn i go to bed, and one little flake after i clean his bowl.

But he got a bit more a night and morning before i found an answer to how often to feed..

He is quite active, seldom rests. He goes to the top quite a bit. Mostly swims around the bowl around his toy or whatever and in place to look at things
Old 09-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #4 
zaylia

Seems kind of adhd honestly lol Doesnt stay in one area long
Old 09-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #5 
OrangeAugust

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaylia View Post
Yikes I guess he was constipated. It was all one piece of poo, a "log" of fish poo.
Hahaha This made me giggle.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #6 
zaylia

lol yeah something I wouldn't say out loud to someone
Old 09-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Rofl
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #8 
LadyVictorian

My fish hides his, it's hard to tell when he poos because he does it in corners and then it gets buried in the pebbles somehow. Cat in his past life?
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #9 
zaylia

lol My cat never hid her poo. Maybe he is doing that though. I just looked over at him and saw him poo, I don't see anything else. But I can't see that one poo anymore either. Maybe he eats it?

He is very active. I put a hornwort plant in yesterday But for some reason didnt think about most of it being brown and gross, it didn't even float. I took it out, but its muggy in there now. I just cleaned his bowl yesterday, and he got here a day and a half before that.

Should I clean it out today again do you think? Or wait?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #10 
lelei

Yes, 2-3 times a week, if it is a one gallon bowl, I would even reccomend 3-4x for exta safety, you want to keep it as clean as possible, in case of buried poo..lol
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote