Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #41 
Sena Hansler

I have had a betta not eat for 3 weeks :) it is worrying. First he would spit it out then not touch it...

Good luck!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #42 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I have had a betta not eat for 3 weeks :) it is worrying. First he would spit it out then not touch it...

Good luck!
Yeah I am finding more people who say this. I sure hope he starts to eat. Something tells me he just might today. At least I'm hoping.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #43 
RedRaz

Update on Raz: Today I woke up and the first thing I do is check on Raz. I turn on the bedroom light because turning on his light suddenly when he wakes up just scares the bejeesus out of him. So I'm looking at him and I see that his belly is big! Like he ate something. So now I'm thinking oh great he ate Thor *snail* so I look for him but Thor is fine. Hmmm. Then all the sudden Raz starts to sink to the bottom on the tank. I really start to panic. Raz then darts into his treasure chest and when he comes out the big belly is gone! What the heck happened? He is acting perfectly normal now but I'm confused to why Houdini here had a big belly (when he has not eaten in two weeks) then it was gone in a matter of a few mins. Any ideas?! Should I try to feed him a pellet today?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #44 
Sena Hansler

He could have passed a big poo check the treasure chest for poo, and just keep an eye on him. The day I fed my finicky boy was when he was scouting for food along the bottom.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #45 
RedRaz

Quote:
He could have passed a big poo check the treasure chest for poo, and just keep an eye on him. The day I fed my finicky boy was when he was scouting for food along the bottom.
LOL! I'm hoping I see a big poo! That would make my day actually. Okay will go and check his treasure chest.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #46 
ANHEL123

I hope he will start eating soon and don't have internal parasites. I kind confused with big belly since he didn't eat anything. And with internal parasites symptoms is bloating, discoloration of the stomach, and poo will be just like Sena described.
I think it good idea if you take white gravel out so you can watch his poo. It better be safe then sorry. You can treat internal parasites in early stages.
And what about the that bump that he had is it gone?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #47 
lelei

Quote:
Ok, some of these fishy's are strange, I am now having a similar problem with one of my girls, and I have 2 kinds of food, that she used to eat, with no hesitation, now she takes it in her mouth, starts to chew, and spits it out, watches it fall, chases it, grabs it, and starts to chew, and spits it out again, watches it fall again, trys to get it again, then just lets it go..then she looks for it at the bottom of the tank..never did this before..I am so confused, she readily comes to the top when it's feeding time, but rather "plays" with the food, than eat it..hmmm..and actually has no interest in "swallowing it" goes about her normal swimming, no changes, still very active, but just strange..I have the Omega One, and Hakari Gold, and she is not interested in either one..but she used to love em So I guess I best watch for poo??
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #48 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Ok, some of these fishy's are strange, I am now having a similar problem with one of my girls, and I have 2 kinds of food, that she used to eat, with no hesitation, now she takes it in her mouth, starts to chew, and spits it out, watches it fall, chases it, grabs it, and starts to chew, and spits it out again, watches it fall again, trys to get it again, then just lets it go..then she looks for it at the bottom of the tank..never did this before..I am so confused, she readily comes to the top when it's feeding time, but rather "plays" with the food, than eat it..hmmm..and actually has no interest in "swallowing it" goes about her normal swimming, no changes, still very active, but just strange..I have the Omega One, and Hakari Gold, and she is not interested in either one..but she used to love em So I guess I best watch for poo??
Here is what I have heard but I'm new to all this so best to get others opinion as well. That sometimes the pellets need to be soaked for 10-15 min in their tank water in a separate container before feeding it to your betta. I was told it helps them digest it better. Also maybe feeding less until their appetite comes back. Oh yes look for poo! With my picky little guy I have tried it all. lol. So I'm hoping after this poo which I found! *yay* He will eat finally. Wish me luck!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #49 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
I hope he will start eating soon and don't have internal parasites. I kind confused with big belly since he didn't eat anything. And with internal parasites symptoms is bloating, discoloration of the stomach, and poo will be just like Sena described.
I think it good idea if you take white gravel out so you can watch his poo. It better be safe then sorry. You can treat internal parasites in early stages.
And what about the that bump that he had is it gone?
You and me both! I was really confused when I saw his big belly. Then he went into is treasure chest and came out a new man! No belly and lively. *scratches head* It's like he is a magician or a really good actor. I'm moving him into his hospital tank today. I'm just waiting for the water to get a little bit warmer. That way I can monitor his poo and see if he eats anything. I do see dark small pieces of poo in the gravel though. That is a good sign right? I looked up betta poo because I never saw it really and it sounds right. That lump seems less defined now. He can also swim better with the filter on. Which he could not do before. He is a mysterious little betta.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #50 
ANHEL123

all sound normal ..so hopefully he will make us happy soon lol
Wish you good luck! Give us update and continue with water changes.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote