Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #14571 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's why I don't want a job where I have to use a cash register. I don't want to have that responsibility.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #14572 
BettaHeart

ok i know this is the rant thread but where else to post this so everyone can see i just dont have a clue lol

really awesome little video you all have to watch, made my day

http://youtu.be/v7lsbwm-dvc
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:38 AM   #14573 
Pataflafla

Tonight was so slow at work. I didn't close labor where they wanted me to, but I don't work for free and I only had myself and my grill closer on the clock from 10pm on, so there wasn't anything I could do. Everything was cleaned, prepped, and stocked by 12:30 tonight and lobby was all done by 10. I literally could have just done lobby after 11 with how infrequent orders were, but I didn't want to risk getting a rush and being the only one up front for drive thru and counter, as well as doing lobby.

But the store is spotless for tomorrow's opener. I guess that's a plus for whoever it is.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:56 AM   #14574 
twolovers101

I'm stupid because I've put off writing lesson plans until the night before they were due AGAIN *sigh* when am I going to learn...

I also have a major exam for orchestration at 8am... *facepalm* it's 4:00 AM....
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #14575 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
ok i know this is the rant thread but where else to post this so everyone can see i just dont have a clue lol

really awesome little video you all have to watch, made my day

http://youtu.be/v7lsbwm-dvc

Hahaha love the ending!

Anyways anti-rant... In 2-3 years I will be opening my own pet store. I have a partial plan, and a grasp on finances ahead - and no I don't need the "you can't do it" comments, so shove them back on the shelf :) Can't do much if you FEAR. Fear failure, never exceed. Anyways, it won't be a huge thing, but it will have proper educational guidance, plus coordinating with shelters/pounds/spca's. No mill or breeder bought animals (cats, dogs, guinea pigs etc) and the fish WILL be healthy, alive, and in proper tanks. Bettas I don't know yet of the set up - working on that. May do a handmade long wall tank (or tanks) or something.

Camrose needs a real store... Friendly, courteous, and actually healthy animals. I went to the store yesterday... A bearded dragon had blood on his nostril, and I KNOW he has mouth rot due to a distinct lump on his mouth and the fact he has NO lighting, and NO proper foods. He was a surrender. I really want to buy him to help him :( but perhaps discount...?

Anyways, three dead bettas (one blue with that terrible disease), one with icy another fin rot another SBD.... It's a mess! I won't touch their bettas. And advise people against them... But people want them - where to get them? Edmonton. Unless you don't drive or don't drive Edmonton. :/
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #14576 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Hahaha love the ending!

Anyways anti-rant... In 2-3 years I will be opening my own pet store. I have a partial plan, and a grasp on finances ahead - and no I don't need the "you can't do it" comments, so shove them back on the shelf :) Can't do much if you FEAR. Fear failure, never exceed. Anyways, it won't be a huge thing, but it will have proper educational guidance, plus coordinating with shelters/pounds/spca's. No mill or breeder bought animals (cats, dogs, guinea pigs etc) and the fish WILL be healthy, alive, and in proper tanks. Bettas I don't know yet of the set up - working on that. May do a handmade long wall tank (or tanks) or something.

Camrose needs a real store... Friendly, courteous, and actually healthy animals. I went to the store yesterday... A bearded dragon had blood on his nostril, and I KNOW he has mouth rot due to a distinct lump on his mouth and the fact he has NO lighting, and NO proper foods. He was a surrender. I really want to buy him to help him :( but perhaps discount...?

Anyways, three dead bettas (one blue with that terrible disease), one with icy another fin rot another SBD.... It's a mess! I won't touch their bettas. And advise people against them... But people want them - where to get them? Edmonton. Unless you don't drive or don't drive Edmonton. :/
Now that sounds wonderful! I wish I lived closer because I would shop at your store. The more I go to my local pet shops the less I want to shop there. Fish look awful and the reptiles are always sick looking. *sigh* So good luck on opening your new store! Healthy animals are happy animals.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #14577 
tpocicat

BettaHeart,
Loved it!
Sena Hansler,
Best of luck, the world needs more petstores with knowledgable people running them.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #14578 
Sena Hansler

I know lol. Also, I'll be keeping track of some of the people on here from Edmonton - I know some are intending to breed, and we could work something *possibly* out :) that way NO wholesalers! I have a list of things to do for the next two years... I may need to rent a storage or buy a shed
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #14579 
Pataflafla

Anti-Rant: Uncle took his first few steps today. The neurosurgeon has yet to see him so we don't know if he'll need surgery for the fracture or not. Unfortunately his jeep is totaled since he was t-boned by a car on the highway (Speed limit is marked at 55) as he was crossing with a green light.

Rant: The manager I hate working with has crossed some lines as of yesterday. He was completely rude and disrespectful to a former manager and one of our best employees. She was merely turning off an alarm in the grill where he was working at the time and he blew up on her about "being in his area" when in fact it was nobody's area and never will be. He's supposed to be promoting teamwork with the entire staff, but he upset this employee so much with his rudeness and arrogance that she walked out crying. Needless to say, he has lost all of the little respect I had for him and will never be in my good graces again. I am allowed to write up any employee, and guess who's an employee. the second he does anything wrong, I'm taking action. Everyone in the store hates working with him and just don't like him in general.

Literally he placed an order while off the clock when it was busy, and made me take 5 minutes to take his order and get his order assembled after waiting for fresh food to be made, then dropped some of his food and made me go get him another one of what he dropped. all this while the store got busier and I was the only one running the store.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #14580 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Hahaha love the ending!

Good for you, Sena. You can do anything if you set your mind to it. Good luck.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou