Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #11 
misty1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Omg, Misty, you are too funny..I was thinking the same thing, now that I have a rotating schedule for 5 fish tanks..hahaha..but for the heaters, I use the horizontal position for the 5 gal, and the vertical position for the 3 gals..because the 3 gals have an airstone that circulates the heat, and the 5 gals have filters, and Yes, I have to do the rest of the house this weekend, because I had to do the girls tanks, back to back..sat and sun Did you find that plant yet??
You mean that 'decoration' that I had a stupid-moment about? If so, no not yet ... I have ADD....if I don't write things down as soon as I see/remember them, I forget You should see the list-of-lists I have all over my den right now!!! Can't remember where I put some of the lists.... Afraid to house-clean....might put things where they belong and then won't remember where they are
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #12 
lelei

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1477 View Post
You mean that 'decoration' that I had a stupid-moment about? If so, no not yet ... I have ADD....if I don't write things down as soon as I see/remember them, I forget You should see the list-of-lists I have all over my den right now!!! Can't remember where I put some of the lists.... Afraid to house-clean....might put things where they belong and then won't remember where they are
Oh, hun don't feel bad, I have a hard time remembering things too..and If I make a list of anything, I will forget I made a list..lol..and still forget what I need to write down ..haha..it's pathetic..btw..is that heater an adjustable..50 watt? I want one of those, where did you order from?
I keep hearing how good the Hydor Theo heaters are..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #13 
kfryman

Have you tried the Azoo Mignon filter? It is a clearish color and if you get another sponge or bioballs you could easily filter a 5.5 gallon tank. That's what I did...

Horizontal is much better with no filter for reasons already listed.. if you have a filter though both ways work fine. Some heaters work better horizontally though. The Hydro will work fine vertically because it is a much better heater.

I like to place some heaters horizontally that way I just unplug the filter during a water change.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #14 
misty1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Oh, hun don't feel bad, I have a hard time remembering things too..and If I make a list of anything, I will forget I made a list..lol..and still forget what I need to write down ..haha..it's pathetic..btw..is that heater an adjustable..50 watt? I want one of those, where did you order from?
I keep hearing how good the Hydor Theo heaters are..
Lelei ... we crack each other up Wish ya lived near me....bet we would be terrific buds

The heater is the Hydor THEO Submersible Aquarium Heater 50W ... it is adjustable. I spent DAYS researching heaters and seems like this one is going to be the best for me. Got it from amazon.com for about $20 + tax (of course)....not shipping cause I am trying their "Prime" plan for a month.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #15 
misty1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Have you tried the Azoo Mignon filter? It is a clearish color and if you get another sponge or bioballs you could easily filter a 5.5 gallon tank. That's what I did...

Horizontal is much better with no filter for reasons already listed.. if you have a filter though both ways work fine. Some heaters work better horizontally though. The Hydro will work fine vertically because it is a much better heater.

I like to place some heaters horizontally that way I just unplug the filter during a water change.
I am going to check out the Azoo ... it is on one of my to-do lists (see one of my posts above)

I think I will try the heater vertically at first so it will be easier to adjust it.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #16 
lelei

Talking

Quote:
Lelei ... we crack each other up Wish ya lived near me....bet we would be terrific buds

The heater is the Hydor THEO Submersible Aquarium Heater 50W ... it is adjustable. I spent DAYS researching heaters and seems like this one is going to be the best for me. Got it from amazon.com for about $20 + tax (of course)....not shipping cause I am trying their "Prime" plan for a month.

I know right, I keep thinking the same thing, you make me ROtfl..we do..crack each other up for sure..and it would be so cool if we were closer..I love reading your posts.. I am going to get that heater too..hopefully next week, I want an adjustable one..well need 5 ..but one at a a time..I was going to do the Prime too..on amazon..I buy eveything from them..I just got a "Sea Serpent" cave..and It is sooo cool..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:39 AM   #17 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
I am going to check out the Azoo ... it is on one of my to-do lists (see one of my posts above)

I think I will try the heater vertically at first so it will be easier to adjust it.
omg that prime for a month thing is so unhealthy!
you cant imagine the number of things i ordered in one month!!!!!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #18 
misty1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post

Oh...but I can imagine I just have to find enough $$ in my budget to pay for the items I want
Old 09-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #19 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
You can't imagine how many things I order off the paid one...
http://www.amazon.com/AZOO-AZ13097-M...+mignon+filter

I actually use this for my 5.5 gallon. I added bioballs behind the sponges for more filtration power!
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #20 
misty1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
You can't imagine how many things I order off the paid one...
http://www.amazon.com/AZOO-AZ13097-M...+mignon+filter

I actually use this for my 5.5 gallon. I added bioballs behind the sponges for more filtration power!
It works well in your 5.5 gallon? That is the size I have. Are there any 'black/dark' colors on it ? Sparkle has a major flare-up with dark colors ... that's why I took out the filter that came with his tank kit. Silly Fishie

Tags
heater placement, heaters