Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #1 
dragonscalecrowntail02

Exclamation Help! White spots on Betta's head and face!

I recently took home a sick Betta from my work, and have been treating what I thought was a sort of fungus with 'Betta Fix' (I now know that Betta fix wouldn't have done much for it if it was a fungus) but now it is day 5 of the meds, and I'm starting to think it's not a fungus. It's these white patches on his head and face that are not cottony. He also just sits at the bottom of his bowl and only comes up for air and food. When he does come up, it looks like he is struggling a bit as well. I'm worried and don't know what I can do for him. I just couldn't bear to have him be euthanized at my work for something I can probably prevent.

By the way, his name is Crimsyn, and he is a very pretty boy.

and also the pictures are the best ones I could get, since he is in a tiny bowl for right now while he is being treated, and, let's face it, he's a fish and sometimes pictures just don't come out the way we intend them too.
Attached Images

dragonscalecrowntail02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #2 
Mahachai

I think you should give him some more time. Have you done a water change yet? If not then you should do so once every 3 days and apply the medication again. Do this until there's any sign of changes. Give us an update on how he does soon.
Mahachai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #3 
dragonscalecrowntail02

Yes, I have done water changes, more than I would have liked since my boyfriend's cat has gotten into the water more than once. I'll keep you posted, and I really hope my beautiful boy pulls through. He is still eating and coming up to the top.
dragonscalecrowntail02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, white spots