Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #1 
toad

First steps!

I just put Atlas into his tank (I had been floating him in a cup in the community tank until his tank warmed up), and as I watched him, I realized that this may be the first time in his life that he is able to swim and be a fish. He looks almost giddy, the way he is wiggling and exploring every inch, high and low. I'm so glad I went back for him :]
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #2 
mplsmommy

I know what you mean. I got my boyfriend a king betta, and I felt so bad about him being in a cup. They are so big that the really can only do 3-point turns in those little cups The others are small enough to get a circle in (still not much better) When we put the king's cup into his new tank to acclimate him, he got really excited! Then once we let him out he didn't really know what to do. Poor things...
mplsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #3 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
I just put Atlas into his tank (I had been floating him in a cup in the community tank until his tank warmed up), and as I watched him, I realized that this may be the first time in his life that he is able to swim and be a fish. He looks almost giddy, the way he is wiggling and exploring every inch, high and low. I'm so glad I went back for him :]
Aww how sweet! What a lucky boy to finally have a real home :)
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #4 
twolovers101

Congrats on your boy getting a good new home ^^

I remember when I first put Nova into his 3 gal... lol he swam all over the place, examining every bit of gravel, the plants, the whole shabang... took him a few hours to figure out what the little log tunnel was and if it was okay to go into it... he darted through it a few times after poking his head in and back out, and now it's one of his favorite things to swim in.
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #5 
toad

Thanks, guys :)

I know, I always feel so bad for those huge bettas; you'd think they could put them in something a bit bigger :/
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #6 
Pilot00

You should have seen Piou getting into his 37g... He was stretching his fins and swimming around like crazy. At first i thought that he might be sick or something. Swimming to fish is like walking, they want space to do it. And if they can they are happier.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote