Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #11 
Aahnay

Ah, ok thank you. I had just cleaned the bottom and taken out half the water, I went slowly, but if the surface isnt to be disturbed, it was. The bubbles and nest look like they are in same place, but the island did move a bit during the process. So I probably toasted the poor little things. o.O

I do remember reading and watching some vids on controling water flow with a bubble drip. I read elsewhere that some just poor the water in very slowly after its been sitting in the tank for an hour. Thanks again

I wont keep the fry, they will be given away free. I should take them back to wmart! hahahaha oh you are in oregon, so thats a short trip for them? is that what you were thinking?

Its been 36 hours I dont think i have any, too much comotion in the tank im sure. I cannot see the eggs, they are hidden under the leaf, and covered with the bubbles I stole from Georgie.

Ill continue to wait, but I think its a lost cause.

Last edited by Aahnay; 09-24-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #12 
lillyandquigly

Lol no I was just wondering what you were going to do with them (curious). You aren't serious about giving them to wal*mart are you?
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #13 
Aahnay

No, not give to wmart, lol.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #14 
lillyandquigly

Whew! Good
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #15 
Sakura8

Aahnay, do you see the papa tending to the eggs or is he pretty much ignoring them? If he's ignoring them, you may have a false spawn.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #16 
Aahnay

No he was attending to them, never far from them, but last night i looked and only saw maybe one, and think it was dead, floating about 1 inch below surface and away from the nest and he had no interest in it. I moved the bubbles and looked under the leaf it was empty now. I had see the eggs and they had live in two that i could see when i first found them.

So girls are back in tank, male is now alone, an today built a beautiful bubble nest!!!! He is a good father. But now i have 3 unwanted males, lol. oh well.

Its odd that he didnt show himself before putting in the big tank. He was with a girl with only the plastic mesh divider in the one gallon tub. No bubbles, no flaring, no nothing. And he still looks like a girl to me. Now im wondering if these are all plackets. Well except goldie, she is supper delta/hm

Im sorry for all the drama and thank you all very much. It might be nice to have a sticky, not this one, lol, but a real one.

Is your female a male and did you just get a surprise mating?

Or Did you just get a surprise spawning?

Shrugs, something like that.. =)