Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #51 
Perry the platypus

I am a little deaf. I wear hearing aids.(do not hate me for this.)
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #52 
LionCalie

Why would anyone hate you for having hearing aids?
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #53 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

There is nothing wrong with needing hearing aids.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #54 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry the platypus View Post
I am a little deaf. I wear hearing aids.(do not hate me for this.)
forgot to mention that...when i was 18 i was told that i've lost about 40% of my hearing, and it's only gotten worse since then. if you're more than three feet away from me you'd have to shout, or i'd have no chance of understanding you. i'd have a hearing aid if i had health insurance.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #55 
leafythegreat

Used to struggle pretty hard with dermatillomania, which is compulsive skin picking. Imagine if every time you saw a pimple, bump, spot, scab, ingrown hair, etc. on your skin, every other thought disappeared to become one singular thought: GET RID OF IT. Then you scratch til it's gone, then you feel guilty about doing this disgusting thing to yourself, which triggers more anxiety, which makes you notice this pimple coming up, which makes you scratch it, which triggers more anxiety...

It's a vicious cycle.

Still catch myself at it every so often, but I've gotten FAR better than I was a year ago. Having someone in my life who I feel truly cares about me and trying to find the root causes of my anxiety and obsession with perfection with a counselor really helped. Now I'm trying to eliminate ever getting blemishes in the first place, because pimples are all I pick anymore.

Pretty mild, not really considered a real "disability" I suppose, since I can still do everything someone without can do, other than feel good in a two piece swimsuit ever again... I have multitudes of very dark scars all across my back that I'm not sure will ever go away without some expensive scar removal.
leafythegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:18 AM   #56 
twolovers101

I have asthma and really weak lungs (I'm SUPER prone to URIs and get them every spring)
I have joint issues in my hands (comes with being a musician sadly)
Reynaud's Disease (runs in the family, and so far has proven to be progressive in me gone from my finger tips to my entire hands in the span of 4 years)
Social Issues... sort of... I'm a control freak and a major introvert
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #57 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafythegreat View Post
Used to struggle pretty hard with dermatillomania, which is compulsive skin picking. Imagine if every time you saw a pimple, bump, spot, scab, ingrown hair, etc. on your skin, every other thought disappeared to become one singular thought: GET RID OF IT. Then you scratch til it's gone, then you feel guilty about doing this disgusting thing to yourself, which triggers more anxiety, which makes you notice this pimple coming up, which makes you scratch it, which triggers more anxiety...

It's a vicious cycle.

Still catch myself at it every so often, but I've gotten FAR better than I was a year ago. Having someone in my life who I feel truly cares about me and trying to find the root causes of my anxiety and obsession with perfection with a counselor really helped. Now I'm trying to eliminate ever getting blemishes in the first place, because pimples are all I pick anymore.

Pretty mild, not really considered a real "disability" I suppose, since I can still do everything someone without can do, other than feel good in a two piece swimsuit ever again... I have multitudes of very dark scars all across my back that I'm not sure will ever go away without some expensive scar removal.
I pick at skin all the time.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #58 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I pick at skin all the time.
Yeah me too, on the fingers didnt knew thats a condition
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #59 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I pick at sores, cuts, pimples, and when I had them ingrown toe nail. Leafy the great wish you the best.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #60 
OrangeAugust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
My feet hurt when I walk my arches collapsed.
Ooh, yeah me too. I was just diagnosed with it recently when my ankle was swollen for NO REASON. I learned that that's what have caused my back and knee problems since I was a kid. Now I wear custom-made shoe inserts that have worked wonders.

I also have Epilepsy, but thank the Lord it's not a disability because It's mostly controlled with medicine and I just get mild partial ones once in a while.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote