Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #1 
Xiuhcoati

55 gallon dividers?

Hi everyone. I've got a 55 gallon tank sitting around empty, and I was wondering how many times I can divide it for betta males, and also if I would have to make my own dividers or if they are available?
Xiuhcoati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

It really depends on the lenght of the tank.
For example, if you wanted to make 5 galon compartments and your tank is 48 inches long, you would end up with compartments that are only 4 inches wide.
Sooo the best thing to do is decide how wide you want your divisions to be and go from there.
I've seen people in this forum divide larger tanks with PVC sheets with drilled holes.
At this size, I would recomend you place your heater and filter in the center of the tank instead of one end OR have 2 of each at either end.
There was also someone here who divided a large aquarium into half lenghtwise and then into sections making it a 360degree view tank!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote