Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #1 
johanna13

Question, need help.

I bought a beautiful Betta at Pet Supply Plus and just assumed it was a male because of the colors.
The cup it came in said " Crowntail Betta community egg layer.
I have this Betta in a divided 55 gal tank... she has one side and a male on the other.
I noticed that my male got over to the other side and I scooped him out and fixed the divider problem.
But now the new crowntail Betta seams depressed and is leaning Against the divider wanting to get to him on the other side.
When the male had hos big escape and got over to the other side of the tank they were both happy swimming together( no fighting) so now im wondering if the crowntail I bought is in face a female? I'm now at this so when I read community egg layer it never dawned on me this might be a female.. is that what it means? is my Betta in face a female?
johanna13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #2 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanna13 View Post
I bought a beautiful Betta at Pet Supply Plus and just assumed it was a male because of the colors.
The cup it came in said " Crowntail Betta community egg layer.
I have this Betta in a divided 55 gal tank... she has one side and a male on the other.
I noticed that my male got over to the other side and I scooped him out and fixed the divider problem.
But now the new crowntail Betta seams depressed and is leaning Against the divider wanting to get to him on the other side.
When the male had hos big escape and got over to the other side of the tank they were both happy swimming together( no fighting) so now im wondering if the crowntail I bought is in face a female? I'm now at this so when I read community egg layer it never dawned on me this might be a female.. is that what it means? is my Betta in face a female?
Yeah, at Pet Supplies Plus they label their females, "Community Egg Layer"...
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote