Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #1 
ForbiddenSecrets
Member
 
ForbiddenSecrets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: IE California
Unhappy The pain of fininding a Co2 Tank

That doesn't want to rob me blind *sighs* The place closest to me sells 5# with Co2 for 104$ which is a little pricey but at the same time if I buy a new tank online for cheaper and then use them to supply the air [saving me about 20 dollars] they only swap tanks so I'd be giving them my new shiny tank for a used one ^^;;

Another place thats kinda far from my tank but rather close to where I stay part of the week has cheaper refills and they would be refilling my new shiny Co2 tank however... I'm a little wary of driving 40-60 minutes with a filled Co2 tank. Why is this such a pain. X(

Any of you go through this problem? [And why is there so few Co2 sellers in Corona CA. My fishie wants pretty plants]
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #2 
goldfishyman
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenSecrets View Post
That doesn't want to rob me blind *sighs* The place closest to me sells 5# with Co2 for 104$ which is a little pricey but at the same time if I buy a new tank online for cheaper and then use them to supply the air [saving me about 20 dollars] they only swap tanks so I'd be giving them my new shiny tank for a used one ^^;;

Another place thats kinda far from my tank but rather close to where I stay part of the week has cheaper refills and they would be refilling my new shiny Co2 tank however... I'm a little wary of driving 40-60 minutes with a filled Co2 tank. Why is this such a pain. X(

Any of you go through this problem? [And why is there so few Co2 sellers in Corona CA. My fishie wants pretty plants]
You can buy CO2 systems that do not need expensive tanks but they are not refillable. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=CO2+aquarium]Amazon.com: CO2 aquarium[/ame]

Or you can make a DIY CO2 reactor for almost nothing.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #3 
ForbiddenSecrets
Member
 
ForbiddenSecrets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: IE California
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfishyman View Post
You can buy CO2 systems that do not need expensive tanks but they are not refillable.
Or you can make a DIY CO2 reactor for almost nothing.
True, but in the long run a large tank really is going to be a lot cheaper then those tiny ones. Besides, I have a Co2 regulator designed for an aquarium. I just need the Co2 tank. [Also I don't have the time to fuss with a DIY Co2 system X) needs too much attention (if we're talking a non-pressurized system) ]
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #4 
goldfishyman
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
How about trying a paintball shop or paintball shooting range? They should have the equipment to refill CO2. You could also try Fire extinguisher refill companies. Welding shops, Air gas companies. Call around.

Last edited by goldfishyman; 09-27-2012 at 05:15 PM.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #5 
LittleBettaFish
Member
 
LittleBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
The man who owns the store I go to, suggested to me that I rent a CO2 tank if I was going to get into using it. Then they come out and replace your empty CO2 bottle with a brand new one and I believe the rate was actually very decent for what you've got.

Could be an option for you maybe?
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #6 
goldfishyman
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
It seems she already owns the co2 tank and setup. The only other option if she can't find someone to fill it for her is to buy a fill station and have them bring a truck out to fill up the main tank. I heard fill stations are quite cheap.
goldfishyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #7 
ForbiddenSecrets
Member
 
ForbiddenSecrets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: IE California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
The man who owns the store I go to, suggested to me that I rent a CO2 tank if I was going to get into using it. Then they come out and replace your empty CO2 bottle with a brand new one and I believe the rate was actually very decent for what you've got.

Could be an option for you maybe?
Renting might be an option actually if I can find someplace out here that does it c: Thank you for reminding me of that.
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cycling is a pain the butt! crystalmylovee Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 34 10-17-2011 08:26 AM
mr phinnyass the pain in the--- crezelda Betta Fish Care 4 02-04-2011 06:34 PM
I feel your pain Capricorn! XSprinkleFaceX Betta Pictures 4 09-08-2010 02:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.