Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #11 
KevinPham123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
What is the name of the website I am dying to know.
Google "aqualand fact sheets", then go to the first website.

Last edited by KevinPham123; 09-26-2012 at 11:11 PM.
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #12 
magnum

Woah, the Caleb Ott comment from Australia is a guy I have on facebook. I started talking to him, and found out that he had a HM breeding pair and a CT male. I had never spoke to this guy before...
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #13 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

If this is the website the comments are worse.http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Betta,%20Housing.htm
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Look at this comment. I was browsing your web pages and stumbled across your awesome betta page.* I read the complaint from Kirsti Hanna, I'm surprised that she would say that.* I have about 50 bettas, and a friend who breeds bettas. I tried keeping mine in a 10-gallon, and he was miserable. He always seemed overwhelmed and jumpy. I moved him back into a 1 qt jar and he was happy as could be.* My friend keeps all his fish in 1 qt jars, and I have seen him produce some really great looking fish. Keep up the great site and info!
P.S. Cruelty is stressing bettas out by making them live in large tanks, kinda like sticking someone in a huge warehouse and expecting them to be happy. ^_^ can you believe this post.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 09-27-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #15 
madmonahan

Wow!!! Went there and looked at the comments and people agreed with him!!! Whenever someone spoke up and told him how to ACTUALLY take care of them people would say.....''I read the complaint from Kristi Hanna And I Disagree. I Keep well over 100 bettas, and they live 1 per quart mayonnaise jars. My bettas have never enjoyed living in 5 gallon tanks. One male living in a mayo jar breeds 4 times per year. Tell me, was he not happy living in a jar? BTW, I clean their water weekly.''

How should he/she know if he happy? It sounds to me like he/she just wants the spawn to get money by this quote! ''one male living in a mayo jar breeDS 4 times per year!'' I get more scared for bettas everyday!! :(
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #16 
Luimeril

most people who say their bettas are unhappy in big tanks, don't put a lot of decor. my niece's CT came from walmart. in a nasty cup. lived in the 10 gallon for months. i kept it planted up with lots of fake plants, a hidey cave, and baffled the filter with another plant. happiest boy in the WORLD! his fins grew longer, he darkened up real nice, and was building THREE bubble nests at the same time. 8I

a bored betta, is not the same as a happy betta. they're SUPPOSED to swim. and move. and spread their fins. but, pet stores here in the US just care about money. and that means selling lots of little tanks and false info, rather than good tanks and correct info. because people will come back for more fish, and medications, when their fish in the tiny tank gets sick. but won't because their fish in the big tank isn't sick.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #17 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
If this is the website the comments are worse.http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Betta,%20Housing.htm
Is this the website? Please tell me.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #18 
KevinPham123

Quote:
Is this the website? Please tell me.
Yeah, thats the one.
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #19 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Good my Bettas tank is pretty open he seems healthy and active working hard to fill it to the top with plants.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #20 
jag14

I'll admit, I did start out keeping a betta in a large vase at first. Did some reading and corrected my mistake by getting a 3 gallon set up. I know better now. I am still new at keeping bettas, but very happy with the one I have now. The worst ones are found at Walmart, I want to rescue all of those, but I can't.
jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote