Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #1 
Nicko

Is this aquarium good for a betta?

My betta is currently in a 8 l bowl. I've been looking for a bigger aquarium and I think im going to buy him a 30l aquarium next week >> http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000...A3JWKAKR8XB7XF << (that's the aquarium I stopped at) I hope it'd be a good home for my betta. I'd be happy to know what you guys think about the aquarium and if you have any suggestions on size and stuff please share :))
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #2 
Luimeril

goodness! that's a wonderful tank size! :3 it's about.... 8 gallons? he'd be super happy in it, that's for sure! :U
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #3 
Nicko

Good, thanks. I didn't know if it was too big or something ^^ I can't wait to get it. I'm so excited ^^ I'm gonna upload pics when it's done :)).
Old 09-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #4 
Nicko

Btw, i have a question. My betta's upper fin, the one that's on his back looks a little curled up at the end, is that normal or is he sick? also his tail is kinda weird at the end too, and there's this cut or something on it that i have no idea how he got, there is nothing sharp in his bowl to hurt him :( is it possible that the water is too hard for him? and im going to buy a water conditioner for his new tank, do u think that will help him? ... Thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #5 
lelei

Wow, I just looked at that Aquarium, and it is nice..I want one too..and It is wonderful to see you upgrading to such a nice tank, I know he will love it, use some silk plants, and some real ones, and it will make for a great hiding place, and bettas love to play in and out of the plants, also have a cave or 2 for him to also rest, and sleep, I will load up some of my personal faves, that my bettas love:) or pix..when I can..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #6 
lelei

Oh, and regard to his fins, maybe because his livingspace is small, and the fins can't spread out, they sometimes get stuck together, also if your not using water conditioner, would be a good idea to do so, that is important to do, You can get some stress coat, it is wonderful for curled and stuck fins.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #7 
Nicko

ok, i'd love to see your favorite plants and decoration :).. about the fins yeah.. once i get the aquarium i'm getting a conditioner too, thanks for the answer :)... have u got any idea if the Tetra AquaSafe conditioner is good?
Old 09-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #8 
sarahspins

No such thing as too big and I think it looks great!
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #9 
Nicko

okay, thanks :))
Old 09-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #10 
lelei

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
ok, i'd love to see your favorite plants and decoration :).. about the fins yeah.. once i get the aquarium i'm getting a conditioner too, thanks for the answer :)... have u got any idea if the Tetra AquaSafe conditioner is good?

The Tetra AquaSafe is the one I use, and It's a great product