Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

new snails will be here in the AM, how do I intro them to tank?

I will have 2 snails for each tank arriving from UPS tomorrow morning...im excited for my new additions! they are nerits, im hoping their fairly large...my boys are all quite curious so im a bit worried the snails might get picked on...what the best way to introduce my snails to the tanks themselves and the fish?

Also I innitially got these guys to eat the algea in my main tank but these boys just moved to there new tanks yesterday, there prob isnt any algea in there...will they be okay? Should I add some algea fish tabs? I dont want them to starve!
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Snails are so cool I love them ! I think it would be best to put them by themselves first to make sure they are not sick or anything before adding them to the tank. They need conditioned water just like your Betta do and yes you can feed them algae wafers and they also like veggies and fish food. When you do put them in the tank just keep and eye on how your Betta react to them. Good luck !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #3 
redchigh

Agreed, they should be fine.. Just keep an eye on them, and make sure they don't lose an eye.
Posted via Mobile Device
redchigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #4 
registereduser

Don't just plop them in and let them fall to the tank floor, that will just attract the attention of the betta. Try distracting fish while placing snail gently in the corner.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote