Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #41 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebug75 View Post
I just ordered some marimo moss from aquatic magic, too, so I'm interested to know if yours show up. I wondered about customs when I ordered from overseas, but the 57,000+ sales on their profile made me think it'd be okay.

Oh well, I'm glad it was only 99 cents.
Had three from him shipped to Greece, Christmas moss, java moss and java fern. The only problem i had was with fern having a couple of leaves turning black, and i made it worse by planting it, now that i have it attached and the rhizome free it is thriving. I lost the Christmass moss but i believe i didnt do something right and it was not the sellers fault.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #42 
Jupiter

I looove them! They are so cute and so far are the only plant I haven't managed to kill totally LOL

Seriously...I had a 5 gallon that I neglected after my fish died...it had a total algae bloom...when I went to finally clean it after months and months and months of neglect, EVEYTHING was completely coated in algae, the water was only half full and grimy, the filter had obviously stopped working...in other words, it looked like a nasty swamp in there.

The moss ball was not only doing fine, it had almost doubled in size! Go figure.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #43 
Spacebug75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot00 View Post
Had three from him shipped to Greece, Christmas moss, java moss and java fern. The only problem i had was with fern having a couple of leaves turning black, and i made it worse by planting it, now that i have it attached and the rhizome free it is thriving. I lost the Christmass moss but i believe i didnt do something right and it was not the sellers fault.
I got my moss balls from Singapore! They look good and are about a cm in diameter.

I don't know what to do now, though. I was going to put them in my QT tank for awhile, but then one of my fish got a slight case of fin rot and I'm treating him in the tank. Could I just quarantine them in a clear glass vase for now?
Spacebug75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #44 
Gen2387

I LOVE them!
1. Because they are super easy to take care of.
2. Because my bettas like them.
3. It's good to have real plants in the tank.
4. You get to give them funny names.

I have one in each of my tanks(3). They are Trible, Guizmo and Lord Moss.
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #45 
Gen2387

Quote:
I got my moss balls from Singapore! They look good and are about a cm in diameter.

I don't know what to do now, though. I was going to put them in my QT tank for awhile, but then one of my fish got a slight case of fin rot and I'm treating him in the tank. Could I just quarantine them in a clear glass vase for now?
I just put mine in a small plastic container for about 5 days. Change the water every day and squeeze it gently to get rid of anything yucky. Use tap water without conditioner so it kills wathever is on the moss ball.
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #46 
babystarz

Quote:

Yes. You can also give them club soda to make them happy; it increases photosynthesis.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #47 
CandiceMM

Ive been wanting some moss balls but never want to pay $8 bucks + for one. Id rather have a large anubias. But one day I will get one.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #48 
RedRaz

I was gonna buy some from etsy. I am very into Japanese culture and these are treasured in Japan and given as gifts for good luck. Would go perfect with my Maneki Neko. :)
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #49 
ImBlessed

Is "Marimo" the name brand/manufacturer of the moss ball or the type of moss ball?
ImBlessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #50 
Spacebug75

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Yes. You can also give them club soda to make them happy; it increases photosynthesis.
That's a good idea.
Spacebug75 is offline   Reply With Quote