Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #61 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
Update on Raz: He is still not eating. I even thought perhaps he will eat if a pellet is left and goes to the bottom. Nope. I did a water 50% water change and removed the food. *sigh* Maybe I can try the frozen blood worm dipped in garlic juice? Hmm that might be tasty to Raz. I'm doing all I can. I even pretended to eat a pellet in front of him and then said "Yum that is good!" Yes I'm a crazy worried betta mommy. *sigh*
I was always shaking the container around the tank, see if they followed it, and left it open next to the tank to see if they stare at it, and let thier mouth water, then open the tank, and drop em in..I am the same way..but I love the idea of a Frozen BW in garlic juice..I'd say definatley try that one..Hope it helps
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #62 
Sena Hansler

When my Bettas won't eat I use fresh mealworm meat (head chopped and meat squeezed out), live mosquito, cooked shrimp, etc. the smell or the sight of it moving tends to get them to at least play with it lol
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #63 
RedRaz

Raz has something on his fin!!!

Update on Raz: Well today when I woke up I saw that Raz was swimming funny had clamped fins and then noticed he had some small white thing on his fin. Is this a fungus? If you all can give me some advice. Here are some pics I took so you can get a better look.
Attached Images

RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #64 
sunlight

I would do aquarium salt with daily water change before it too late. I know some bettas takes long time to eat but he already show some symptoms of the sickness. 1tsp/gall with 100% daily water changes for 10 days. It just what i would do.
Nothing wrong with daily 100% water changes. I read 2 post when betta recovered with those instructions. And i read a lot of post when it really helped perk up the fish.
check out those links
See page 1 page 43#422 page 42 and page 52 it all the same fish.
www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=108151
www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=113927
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #65 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
I would do aquarium salt with daily water change before it too late. I know some bettas takes long time to eat but he already show some symptoms of the sickness. 1tsp/gall with 100% daily water changes for 10 days. It just what i would do.
Nothing wrong with daily 100% water changes. I read 2 post when betta recovered with those instructions. And i read a lot of post when it really helped perk up the fish.
check out those links
See page 1 page 43#422 page 42 and page 52 it all the same fish.
www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=108151
www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=113927
Thank you! I agree with you completely. I'm gonna do that right now. Is that fungus?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #66 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Good thing you saw this on him, so sorry but do the treatments and I bet he will be fine and start eating when he feels better. I suppose it is some type of fungus which I know nothing about but will read up on it. Good luck and Hugs !!!!
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #67 
sunlight

i am not sure but I’ve that experienced once ,which is again it a lot of different situations. Some fish can take up to 3 weeks to start eating, and be completely fine. I have fish like that. But I also have experiences which may be rare but can happened when fish didn't have any symptoms whatsoever and never ate. He actually died but he develop some white staff all over his body. Different than your fish though. Don't want to scare you though.
I hope he will start eating soon :(
Please keep us updated.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #68 
RedRaz

Thank you both. I just did the 100% water change with AQ salt. He is a little pale in color. :( I hope he pulls through. I'm already in tears.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #69 
Sena Hansler

If it is fungus lower the water temperature to 76. Higher temperatures encourage fungus to grow and I think you said his water is at 79... Try to clean the tank every day, at least siphoning the bottom without ever removing him.

Did you dissolve the salt first?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #70 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

You caught is very soon and are doing the best you can and we are in there with you and counting on Raz to pull though okay...and he is a tough little dude !!!!
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote