Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #1 
labloverl

Does he look healthy?

Here is my newest fish that will be the first in my divided 5 gallon. He had a pretty easy transition from cup life to tank life. He was shy at first, but has since eaten a pellet or two and will come and see me if I don't make too much movement. The only thing I've noticed is that he goes up for air a lot. He doesn't seem to be gulping, but he just goes up for a quick breath and then back to what he was doing. But I think his bottom lips sticks out a bit... My other CT kinda has a similar bottom lip, but my two VT's don't. Is that anything to worry about?

More about him though... I couldn't make up my mind which fish I wanted. Did I want a dark blue one with red bottom fins, or this wild colored one that didn't have a fully colored face. (I like faces that are solid colored) Any idea on what color/pattern he is? The blue and red one was bigger and had really long fins and was just beautiful! But this guy stuck out to me, even though I'm still not wild about his face. Oh, and when he first saw the gravel at the bottom, he was like !

Here's a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIfguHIqQZM

labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #2 
Laki

What.. HE' S GOT THE BEST FACE!!!
I love him. He's so cute! My combtail's lip juts out more than my VT so I guess it's normal. If he can inhale food with it, and he must because he's fully grown, so I bet he's fine :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #3 
labloverl

Thanks! Something in my gut just made me pick him! His face will have to grow on me lol. And yep he can definitely eat. He chews throughly too!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

He's adorable!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #5 
Jupiter

He looks great :D
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I agree with everyone he looks great and I love his colors and his face is adorable !
I just love how they chew their food I can never get enough of watching Perseus when he chews, its just so dang cute !!!!
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #7 
labloverl

Thanks everyone! I changed all of his decor around (probably too much at one time) and discovered that he doesn't handle big changes well. My others don't stress out over anything, but this one had to hide for a day or two. I'm happy to say that he is now at the glass as soon as I walk in the room. He still chews his food a lot though lol. My other 3 practically swallow the pellets, but he chews them completely. His only problem now is that I can't leave the tank light on and turn the room light off. He immediately starts to flare at the front of the tank(not sure what he's seeing) but if I put paper in front of him or turn a lamp on, he goes back to normal. I plan on getting his neighbor in the next week!