Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #101 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
so sorry i know it frustrating and confusing. But you wrote new symptoms ..and it change the way you have to treat him.
Oldfishlady not on line, so i saw Sena is i just texted her to see what is her opinion. So sorry. If you can go buy epsom salt and then check on forum. But i would also think you might need medications also for external parasites. I have them at work i could mail them to you but i don't know if you even have time to wait.
I understand. New symptoms do change things. Raz is a medical mystery but def a fighter. I hope he can hold on. I can get the e salt today. What kinds of meds would I need to get? Do you think the pet store would have them? Thanks for helping me out. *hugs*
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #102 
lelei

I am under the impression it may be both, if that is possible, if he is not eating, it could be internal, but the rubbing, darting would be external, and if he is in the AQ salt that would help for external, but you may need to switch in a few days to internal, because if he don't get rid of the internal he will never eat..and that could be raising the scales, based on just water content, and no food, as well as parasites, that may need to be taken care of first..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #103 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
Thanks for offering the IAL. *hugs* I appreciate that. Perseusmom is sending me some today.

I was thinking that too. Anything else I can get for him? I don't have oak trees by me unfortunately. As soon as my hubs gets home we will get some Epsom salt. My CC got compromised so I have no way of buying it til he gets here. Otherwise I would of gotten it already. *sigh* It's been a bad week all together. :(

Oh I am glad your getting some, that will help, hopefully you can get em quickly..Keep trying the things we all mentioned, with the salts, and IAL and if you see no improvement in 5-7 days..you may need something stronger, there is something called Jungle Parasite Guard..I will look it up to send the link..
Old 09-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #104 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
I am under the impression it may be both, if that is possible, if he is not eating, it could be internal, but the rubbing, darting would be external, and if he is in the AQ salt that would help for external, but you may need to switch in a few days to internal, because if he don't get rid of the internal he will never eat..and that could be raising the scales, based on just water content, and no food, as well as parasites, that may need to be taken care of first..
That makes a lot of sense now. So I should put him in e salt first? Then work on the external parasites with the AQ salt after? My poor baby. I feel so awful for him. :(
Old 09-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #105 
ANHEL123

go buy epsom salt for now so you have it in case you need it. And when you have betta fish you need to have it anyway. I would buy medications just in case for external parasites. Well you can buy for internal also. You can return it later. With internal parasites i think he don't have it though. With internal parasites he would be lethargic long time ago and be bloated. But differently for external. I know API , Tetra i think too good brands.
I would say forgive me hope for the best but be prepare for the worse. It just i want you to be ready if something...
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #106 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Oh I am glad your getting some, that will help, hopefully you can get em quickly..Keep trying the things we all mentioned, with the salts, and IAL and if you see no improvement in 5-7 days..you may need something stronger, there is something called Jungle Parasite Guard..I will look it up to send the link..
Okay thank you. At least now I have some sort of direction with these new symptoms but the bad part is he is declining faster now. I will go and get the e salt and look at meds for both internal and external parasites. Maybe I can see if we can drive by where Oak trees are and pick up a few. Hopefully some are near me. Until I get the IAL.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #107 
RedRaz

Quote:
go buy epsom salt for now so you have it in case you need it. And when you have betta fish you need to have it anyway. I would buy medications just in case for external parasites. Well you can buy for internal also. You can return it later. With internal parasites i think he don't have it though. With internal parasites he would be lethargic long time ago and be bloated. But differently for external. I know API , Tetra i think too good brands.
I would say forgive me hope for the best but be prepare for the worse. It just i want you to be ready if something...
Yeah I'm going to get e salt and meds for both just to be prepared for which ever it is. I think this little guy has a lot of fight in him. I'm gonna try all I can to help. I'm just hoping for the best.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #108 
ANHEL123

yes and wait until someone else will confirm what to do . I texted a few people because they know about salt and medications. So you buy it and wait for response. It not that easy I wish you can just mix and treat... And e salt along not going to treat internal parasites anyway especially he is not eating.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #109 
RedRaz

Quote:
yes and wait until someone else will confirm what to do . I texted a few people because they know about salt and medications. So you buy it and wait for response. It not that easy I wish you can just mix and treat... And e salt along not going to treat internal parasites anyway especially he is not eating.
Okay. I will go and see what they have at petco. I will be back to see what you all say about treating him. Then proceed from there. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #110 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
That makes a lot of sense now. So I should put him in e salt first? Then work on the external parasites with the AQ salt after? My poor baby. I feel so awful for him. :(

I do too, and I am hoping that we can do the best we can in diagnosing him, and treating him correctly..it is complicated, because of the treatments that differ from the diag's..I wish him well, and yes, he is a fighter, so we will definatley keep praying for your lil guy Get the Epsom from your local CVS or the like, I doubt the Petco's sell that one.