Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #1 
PaintedOaksOki

Strausse and his tail...

WELL! Strausse has been doing great but ever since I left for the one weekend I guess Strausse got bored and started biting his tail. I know it's not finrot, it looks more like bite marks to me. He lives in a 7.9 gallon by himself and he's got a house, and three large silk plants in with him. It is filtered (VERY low flow) and it's heated.
I would like tips on how to aid healing on his tail. Obviously it won't get much growth until he stops biting it.
I plan on taking out the largest of the silk plants, and rearranging the other two. I ALSO plan to get him a ping pong ball or a plastic bottle cap to push around!
What are your other strategies to keep your bettas happy and occupied?
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

not really helpful... but mine keeps shredding/ripping his tail recently。. I've stopped caring, and am like: whatever, it's your tail, do whatever you want.
lol.

but usually the solution to tail biting is to keep them entertained. right now if ur wary of rot, keep his water as pristine as possible.

My tank is extremely well populated. there are many many hiding places for the betta... IMO 3 plants isnt enough in a 8gal
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #3 
PaintedOaksOki

Strausse is the only fish in the tank, and the base is small to the tank, there would be literally no room for him if I added another plant. He'd be pretty squished, the leaves reach up to the top and even come out of the water of the places. I bought plants that were labled 'LARGE' xD And I think they were meant for like a twenty gallon or something... They really take up space! Strausse seems perfectly happy with his coverage situation, so I'm not to worry in that regard, I can get a picture here, when I get ahold of my sister's iPod(mine doesn't have a camera).
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote