Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #1 
Bettanewbie60

New boys, new tank set up, new tenants!

Finally got the tank all done, the new boys are in there, traded the sick neons for some cardinals, and got some ghost shrimp and a couple of Assassin snails too! I am so loving this tank! So anyway....here is the tank..
Name:  014 (600x450).jpg
Views: 88
Size:  40.2 KB
This sweet boy is named, Kahuna! It means, "Hidden Secret"...earlier tonight I couldn't find him anywhere in the tank..he had managed to get under the mesh I have on the filter, plus he hates the camera and always hides..I got lucky to get these pics..
Name:  004 (600x450).jpg
Size:  45.6 KB
Name:  013 (600x438).jpg
Size:  39.2 KB
And this is Kalani! It means, heaven, sky or royal one! Not really good shots yet...
Name:  002 (600x435).jpg
Views: 86
Size:  33.3 KB
Name:  012 (600x450).jpg
Size:  34.6 KB
And one of the ghost shrimp! They are really cool.
Name:  010 (600x450).jpg
Size:  36.6 KB
And last but not least...the Cardinal Crew lol, yeah, that's what I call them..
Name:  011 (600x449).jpg
Views: 87
Size:  39.9 KB
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #2 
RandyTheBettaFish

Im soo jealouse! How many gallons is the tank? Beautiful setup!!
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

First off, your tank is really pretty... :3 If I had the space I'd get a 10...

Kahuna looks to be a HM IMO but that can not be really classified yet as he doesn't seem to be flaring... He has stress stripes but I'm sure with your care they'll go away soon. The pics to see him flare will be hard but it'll be nice to know what he is. :)
Kalani is a DT as we all know and if he's not flaring in the pic, I'm almost sure he's a HM. He's a marble. And he does remind me of the sky!!

All your fish and Crustacea look great and good luck with your crew, hopefully they won't gang on anyone lol. :D
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Beautiful tank and fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyTheBettaFish View Post
Im soo jealouse! How many gallons is the tank? Beautiful setup!!
It is only a 10g for now...8g on one side, 2 on the the other..approximately.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #6 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
First off, your tank is really pretty... :3 If I had the space I'd get a 10...

Kahuna looks to be a HM IMO but that can not be really classified yet as he doesn't seem to be flaring... He has stress stripes but I'm sure with your care they'll go away soon. The pics to see him flare will be hard but it'll be nice to know what he is. :)
Kalani is a DT as we all know and if he's not flaring in the pic, I'm almost sure he's a HM. He's a marble. And he does remind me of the sky!!

All your fish and Crustacea look great and good luck with your crew, hopefully they won't gang on anyone lol. :D
Eeew...I hadn't noticed the stress stripes on Kahuna...I hope it's just cause it's his first day out of the cup and in a tank...I will take out the other fish if that is the issue, but I hope not. So far there has been no aggression from either side...the tetras ignore him and he doesn't seem to mind them. It is a whole new environment, so I'll keep an eye on him, thanks for telling me!
I'll wait about a week and try and get pics of them both flaring so we can tell for sure. When I first got Kahuna he was so clamped he looked like a delta..the pet store had him marked as a VT, so I got him for $1 lol..his color is amazing. And yes, Kalani is just peaceful and beautiful as the sky...they are both great additions to the family! Thanks again!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

Great deal. :) He should feel better in no time. Good luck and you're welcome.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #8 
DragonFish

Absolutely lovely, all of it! <3 LOVE the name choices as well! I know I mentioned this before, but I ADORE the yellow on Kahuna(don't worry too much over the stress stripes, I've brought home young boys with stripes plenty of times...they go away after a little while. xD) and Kalanis eyes look like such a striking red! It'll be interesting to see how he marbles, since he has a touch of red in there....you'll have to keep a log on him! xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #9 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Beautiful tank and fish.
Thanks DQ!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #10 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Absolutely lovely, all of it! <3 LOVE the name choices as well! I know I mentioned this before, but I ADORE the yellow on Kahuna(don't worry too much over the stress stripes, I've brought home young boys with stripes plenty of times...they go away after a little while. xD) and Kalanis eyes look like such a striking red! It'll be interesting to see how he marbles, since he has a touch of red in there....you'll have to keep a log on him! xD
Thank you DragonFish! Yeah, I figured I had my run with the "B" names lol..and I like the Hawaiian names a lot. I'm trying not to worry about Kahuna..I'm sure it's just all the excitement of the new tank, getting under the mesh, an environment with other fish, and creatures lol...I hope he gets to loving it all. And Kalani's eyes..omgosh...that fish is just a splash of color, like someone spilled paint on him lol. I like how all of them have different colored eyes! I still can't even get a good pic of Benjiro...he is so little and so fast! Kalani is pretty small too. I am once again feeling like a new, nervous, mother...I so want them all to be well and "happy"!