Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #1 
zaylia
New Member
 
zaylia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada :)
Question Is my Betta mad at me?

So, he does this thing where he will swim back and forth while what looks like yelling at me. Sometimes in place but moving his body back in forth in that one space while yapping. Is he hungry? Is he stressed? Does he just not like me?

He made a bubble nest the first night I had him. Since then hasn't. Does a few bubbles here and there thats it.

He seems to chill in the back top corner watching me a lot too..
zaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #2 
crowntaillove
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaylia View Post
So, he does this thing where he will swim back and forth while what looks like yelling at me. Sometimes in place but moving his body back in forth in that one space while yapping. Is he hungry? Is he stressed? Does he just not like me?

He made a bubble nest the first night I had him. Since then hasn't. Does a few bubbles here and there thats it.

He seems to chill in the back top corner watching me a lot too..
My female did this too. I think she just had a lot of pent up energy.
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #3 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
I call that the "feed me dance"...my bettas all do it when I come up to their tanks..I am only recognized as the food source lol.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #4 
zaylia
New Member
 
zaylia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada :)
lol oh okay. Thank you guys! I was feeling like a bad person lol
zaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #5 
Bettanewbie60
Member
 
Bettanewbie60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Coastal Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaylia View Post
lol oh okay. Thank you guys! I was feeling like a bad person lol
Oh...hugs...he is fine, just happy to see the food supplier! My hubby says my fish are "flirting" with me lol!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #6 
caljamsam
New Member
 
caljamsam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
I guarantee he's not mad at you.
caljamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #7 
SpookyTooth
Member
 
SpookyTooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: England
Kaze does this to me, it's adorable. Looks like he's trying to break out of the glass and devour me... d'awwww!!
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #8 
Kira and Cleoh
New Member
 
Kira and Cleoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Hehe, my girl Cleoh does this to me, when ever I come into the room, XD
Kira and Cleoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #9 
caljamsam
New Member
 
caljamsam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyTooth View Post
Kaze does this to me, it's adorable. Looks like he's trying to break out of the glass and devour me... d'awwww!!
Let's hope you don't spring a leak.
caljamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #10 
zaylia
New Member
 
zaylia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada :)
lol you guys are funny.

Well, I might look for a new owner for him. I can't upsize his home anytime soon as it turns out..

He seems fine, but from what I have read this 1 gallon bowl is abuse. I don't want to be abusing him :(
zaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.