Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #1 
lvandert

:,(

So I've had a rough couple days. Went to a career fair, got pushed out of the way for my major. Tried to get to class and found a flat tire on my car. Trying to act as adult as I can with my sister and get put down more. What my sister has said brought me to tears. She's been this way throughout my whole life and I'm done. I don't know what I can do anymore. I keep expecting her to support me but it just seems to not be in her nature. You guys can read for yourself.

edit:ok sorry the picture is crap. Here's what was said
sister: Hey dork, wanna get hired somewhere? Don't insult the peeps you wanna work for.. Um they look at social media too.

me: If you couldn't figure it out; none of those people are going to hire ATMS. I have to look else where for internships...

sister:Yup, especially now. Insult the government.. No job for you!

random friend (trying to help):If the people they send out to career fairs don't know anything about what their job field is, or anything about hiring, then yes, they sound like dumb***. If anything the government will **** out their 'workers' at the fair for not being of any use getting people in. cause the government doesnt have anything better to do then stalk people on FB

me:"Yup, especially now. Insult the government.. No job for you!" you could have encouraged me that I will find a job in another department outside of the ones here instead of insulting me. Push in the dirt some more why don't ya? I'm having a bad enough day... I'm sorry thats YOU'R opinion but this is mine, don't *** me out for that.

sister: Grow up. Ever heard of constructive criticism? Apparently not. Contrary to what you may believe the world is NOT out to get you. We are not saying things to rub dirt in your wounds, *** you out, insult you, attack your opinion, or tell you that you suck. Even though you seem to be the first one to tell others they do! It's NOT ABOUT YOU! It's life, it never gets better. Life is the worst or the best you make of it. There will always be dumb***, problems, issues and just flat out ***** times. Karma is a **** and someday you will understand that people are trying to ***** help you if you would swallow your *** attitude and accept things for what they are. Sorry you had a bad day, I get it. But life does not get better by lashing out at people that are trying to give you advice. Drop the anger sister and life will be so much easier. And if you don't, it won't matter what you say, how smart you are, or what you post on Facebook..life will continue to kick your ***!

me:once again that is your opinion. if I'm such a negative, angry person why do I love life? Why do pick out the little things in a bad day and enjoy them? Why can't you just camly say "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I do support you" instead of arguing? And your telling me to grow up. At least I say sorry when I've insulted someone instead of coming up with accusations to make the other person feel more like ***. I Love you sis I really do but I don't need your "constructive criticism" right now.
Attached Images

Last edited by lvandert; 09-27-2012 at 08:54 AM.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #2 
TheCrabbyTabby

Okay, your sister needs a major attitude adjustment. Tell her to get lost, if possible, because she is seriously cramping your lifestyle.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #3 
Freyja
Banned

ok does she realize that what she said is absolutely not concrit but flamming?!? sorry but your sister's a b***h!. chin up bunny!
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #4 
RedRaz

Your sis sounds very negative. Obviously you cannot not talk to her BUT you can surround yourself with more positive people. People who will lend you support and positivity not mean arse comments on a social network. I admire you for doing what you love and are passionate about. Takes a very strong individual to do that. Remember it is your life and YOU have to be happy. At the end of the day that is all that matter. Life can be beautiful and happy if we ourselves are happy. *hugs*
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #5 
lvandert

Thanks guys. After talking with my mom she made another very good point; "your sister is always the first one to put you down, and be hard on you, but never the one to congratulate you. I knew this was coming and you just do what you got to, your dad and I still love and support you no matter when you do." Tomorrow I'm hopefully getting a new phone (she "adopted" my contract under her plan when I came to college), a new number and cutting her out of my life. I love her but right now I just can't deal with this. It's way too much of a distraction and I don't have time for it. And to be honest I feel better already, and the weight has been lifted from my shoulders :)
Old 09-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #6 
lvandert

So after a talk with the bf's family about all this they offered me to go onto their family plan to save me some money! I knew I loved these people for good reasons lol. So today I get to go to verizon and pick out my new phone. I haven't broken the news to my sister yet but I'm sure she will take it like "Where the *** is this coming from?!" but at this point I'm done. I can't argue with her anymore and end up feeling like what I do just isn't good enough. My bf is actually really, really happy about it all lol. He's had to deal with me crying my eyes out after talking with her one to many times so I don't really blame him.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #7 
djembekah

yay! good for you <3 i'm so glad you have such a supportive guy
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #8 
Tikibirds

She sounds very much like my sister who is also very rude and hurtful
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:00 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'd tell her some things I can't say on here because this is a family friendly forum. Why do people have to be so nasty? Anyone that needs encouragement, come here. We'll give you lots of support and encouragement.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #10 
lvandert

I know you guys do its one of the many reasons i LOVE this forum.

here's the update:
So after calling my sister and explaining to her I'm done, she had one of those "ah ha" moments. She finally realized the crap she's been putting me through. She came to the realization that I'm not the little girl I used to be and I'm not the best I can be, yet. Of course at first she cussed and swore her way through the conversation but i just stayed calm and tried to reason with her my best. Eventually she got the idea I wasn't going to fight her anymore and she got the point real quick after that. She did break out into tears over when she realized what she was doing to me. She said sorry and she said she'd try not to do that to me anymore. And because I'm into second, and third chances I gave her my new number (the bf says I'm far to nice to people but I'd rather be too nice than anything else). I did delete her from facebook and told her if she wants to check in on me call and see how I'm doing, but you might want to wait a while before you start doing so. She agreed that we needed a bit of a break.