Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #1 
bellasia

Update:blaze still ill

Hi,

Blaze has now been ill for almost a month now, i previously thought it was parasites but now believe it to be a fungal infection he has white fuzzy stuff trailing from his fins. Started treating him with AQ salts for four days, but moved onto medication for a week he seemed to have improved so stopped medication as i was worried about carrying on for to long. About a week later they seem to have grown back i have now started medicating him again (some of the fuzz has fallen off) but some still remains. He hasnt lost his appetite but remains quiet lethargic, at this point i dont know what else to do he is in a hospital tank still, with a heater and no filter am doing 100% water changes daily. Is there anything i could be missing? could it be something else?

Could really do with some advice

Thankyou
bellasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Aquarium salt and medicine together work very well.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #3 
babystarz

Did you stop treatment the first time before the recommended amount of time? I ask because the medication treats the water in addition to the fish, so stopping treatment early may mean not all of the fungus spores are killed.

What is the name of the medication you're using? And what temp are you keeping him at?
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #4 
bellasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Aquarium salt and medicine together work very well.
i tend to do either one or the other but nothing seems to be making a difference at the moment and its been so long

Last edited by bellasia; 09-30-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #5 
bellasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Did you stop treatment the first time before the recommended amount of time? I ask because the medication treats the water in addition to the fish, so stopping treatment early may mean not all of the fungus spores are killed.

What is the name of the medication you're using? And what temp are you keeping him at?
I stopped after about a week as i didnt want to overmedicate im using King British Disease Clear as its all i could find locally dosn't really seem to be halting the growth. But i have now ordered Jungle Labs Fungus Clear Fizz Tabs as ive heard they are good but dont know when they will arrive. Suppose i will have to continue treatment until then? worried it will reach his body he seems to have been ill now for so long