Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #1 
Kap45

Just couldn't stay away from them.

So I went to our LPS today to buy my CT Kuroma's favorite food since he was low and I just couldn't stay away from the Bettas. While I was over, I noticed that a DT was moving funny. Turns out, he was missing his right eye :c It was like it never formed because he didn't even have an eye socket.

I also noticed a multicolored VT that kept eyeballing me while I was feeling sorry for the one-eye Louie.

Long story short, I took them both home. Still debating on names as I try to figure out their personalities. The DT seems to get along pretty well with his impediment. He can only move in the direction he sees out of so it takes him a moment to find food. The multicolor has been excited since I brought him home so I take it he loves his new tank. Oh gosh. My room has so many tanks now, they use exactly half of all the outlets I have in this one room xD

Last edited by Kap45; 09-29-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Kap45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #2 
CandiceMM

What a great person you are <3 I would of done the same for the one eye :( good luck with them!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #3 
toad

Awww that's great!

My double tail is also blind on one side - it seems that he was injured as a baby, because his left eye is white and placed very far forward on his face compared to his other eye. His spine is curved sideways, and he lays down on his side a lot, instead of sitting upright like my other guys do. It takes a little bit for him to find his food, but he's probably the most voracious eater and my champion bubble nester :) His name is Rosco.

Looking forward to learning the names of your new little babies! Congrats!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote