Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #11 
skepkat

I have that same tank and to be clear, it doesn't actually have a filter. It comes with an air stone. I wasn't happy with the tank (or rather non of my fish were happy in it). It is currently empty and I'm scratching my head about what I can do with it. The shape just doesn't allow a lot of room for the fish to really swim.

I've only had one baby for about a month (original occupant of the corner tank) & another one for a few weeks. So, don't think I can give any worthwhile advice.
skepkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #12 
RedRaz

LadyVictorian Thank you for all your advice! Your Nix is a cutie. :) I went to the pet sore and bought a lot of must haves. I'm going to target to get buckets for pre aged water to make water changes a bit easier. I have an extra heater so that will work out. Thanks for that idea. I will look into getting live food for my baby as well. I saw on youtube how to hatch BBS. Looks cool. Almost reminds me of sea monkeys!!! lol! I think my baby is seven to eight weeks old according to that size chart. I'm hoping all goes well. Good luck with your baby as well. :)

bettasareawesome Yay! That is good to know. Awww I would love to see a pic of your little guy. ;) My betta ate part of a crushed pellet today and a half of a brine shrimp. She or he is a piggy. lol! I made sure I did not over feed though.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #13 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepkat View Post
I have that same tank and to be clear, it doesn't actually have a filter. It comes with an air stone. I wasn't happy with the tank (or rather non of my fish were happy in it). It is currently empty and I'm scratching my head about what I can do with it. The shape just doesn't allow a lot of room for the fish to really swim.

I've only had one baby for about a month (original occupant of the corner tank) & another one for a few weeks. So, don't think I can give any worthwhile advice.
Yes thank you for clearing that up about the filter or lack of one . If I actually set it up I would have realized this. I like this tank only as a hospital tank. I'm getting two 5 gals soon. *yay* I also have a 10 gal I will eventually set up. I'm secretly scared of cycling. lol!

Awww I'm sorry you lost your little ones. I hear they can be hard to care for. Not your fault most seem in not so good shape. At least you gave them a chance. I have seen many dead baby bettas at the pet stores. My baby is a bit older so I'm hoping that he or she makes it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #14 
skepkat

I guess I wasn't clear. My bad.

My babies are doing well - I think. (Pinkie 1 & Pinkie 2 until they are old enough to get real names). I just meant that I am basically new to caring for bettas and therefore I don't feel 100% confident that my advice would be as accurate as some on these boards who have tons more experience. So sorry for the confusion.
Attached Images

skepkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #15 
RedRaz

OMG! That is AWESOME news! lol! Sorry I thought you were meaning they died. :( So glad to hear they are doing great. I'm sure you have great advice. I might come ask you some questions. If that is okay of course. :) Your babies are adorable! Awwww! So happy they are okay.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #16 
RedRaz

First day with baby betta: I acclimated the baby into he/hisr new tank and she/he was amazed by everything! lol! The heater was fascinating to him/her. Then she/he found the purple silk plant and loved it! She/he goes in there a lot. :) One thing I did notice is the baby is kinda hyper, lol! I had to turn the lights down low and leave the room so she/he could relax and sleep. Today she/he is more calm. Already ate some crushed pellets. *yummy* ;)

Can I feed her/him frozen blood worms if I cut them smaller? I'm still working on getting some live food. If I can't get them for some odd reason would she/he be okay eating crushed pellets, frozen brine shrimp and blood worms?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #17 
LebronTheBetta

Yes, you can feed frozen foods. She'll be fine on frozen and pellets. Remember to wash the frozen food!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #18 
LadyVictorian

So exciting to hear s/he is doing well. YAY, keep it up RedRaz and keep us updated with pictures. The first 24 hours are the most stressful, it's a game of "will they eat, are they sick, will they get so stressed out." But once they clear the 24 you can take a breath and make their routine.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #19 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Yes, you can feed frozen foods. She'll be fine on frozen and pellets. Remember to wash the frozen food!
Okay thanks! I have a small container where I pour a little of her tank water into then I add the frozen food with in this container. I wait til its thawed then I cut it in half so she or he can eat it. Is that okay? She is an eating machine! lol! I don't over feed though.

Last edited by RedRaz; 09-30-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #20 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
So exciting to hear s/he is doing well. YAY, keep it up RedRaz and keep us updated with pictures. The first 24 hours are the most stressful, it's a game of "will they eat, are they sick, will they get so stressed out." But once they clear the 24 you can take a breath and make their routine.
OMG! you are so right about that. I think I was more stressed then her the first 24 hours. lol! I'm starting to feel much better about caring for her. Thanks again for your help.

I will try to post a pic soon.