Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #21 
RedRaz

BTW I'm gonna say her til I know what she or he is. Makes it easier then constantly saying he or she. lol! I still don't know what the sex is though.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #22 
starrlamia

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepkat View Post
I have that same tank and to be clear, it doesn't actually have a filter. It comes with an air stone. I wasn't happy with the tank (or rather non of my fish were happy in it). It is currently empty and I'm scratching my head about what I can do with it. The shape just doesn't allow a lot of room for the fish to really swim.

I've only had one baby for about a month (original occupant of the corner tank) & another one for a few weeks. So, don't think I can give any worthwhile advice.
it has an undergravel filter which works by using an airstone, explanation can be seen here:http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pet...equipment7.htm
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #23 
RedRaz

Baby Betta in her new home :)

The baby loves her purple plant, lol! Definitely more calm today. I did her 50% water change, water tested good and temp is at 83 degrees. She even ate more pellets today. *yay*

pH: 7.6
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate: 0

Question: I did notice she is staying at the bottom more now but does swim around and comes up for air. She really likes her plant and I found her laying on the base a lot. Is this okay? The pic kinda shows you what she does. Also her fins aren't as open as before. I hope everything is okay.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #24 
LadyVictorian

Gah today I nearly got like 6 more babies, they were all so small I just WHY? They were tinyer than the babies you and I have now Raz, it was really sad. I want to punch the guy who thought it was a great idea to sell them.

FYI, Aquarius has that purple plant xD
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #25 
OrangeAugust

She looks like a young female. She reminds me of my Lila- red ventrals and all. *sniffle*

Last edited by OrangeAugust; 10-01-2012 at 02:38 PM.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #26 
bettasareawesome

My baby was 7-8 weeks when I got him. I'm not sure on the gender yet either so I just call him, him. I got him on July 4th so I've had him for about 3 months. He's the one in my profile pic. and avatar. Don't worry, mine did the same things but he's fine and healthy. Also, when I first got him I did a pretty lousy job at raising him. But luckily he's fine and I'm doing a better job. I didn't even plan on getting a betta. let alone a baby one.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #27 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettasareawesome View Post
My baby was 7-8 weeks when I got him. I'm not sure on the gender yet either so I just call him, him. I got him on July 4th so I've had him for about 3 months. He's the one in my profile pic. and avatar. Don't worry, mine did the same things but he's fine and healthy. Also, when I first got him I did a pretty lousy job at raising him. But luckily he's fine and I'm doing a better job. I didn't even plan on getting a betta. let alone a baby one.
I'm happy yours is healthy and thriving. Unfortunately my little baby Shelby died today. She got sick and her health declined too fast. I could not save her. So today was a hard day.

Well I hope your baby continues to grow and live a long life. Keep us updated on him.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #28 
Tikibirds

Awwwh :( I'm sorry she died. Sadly, many people have had a hard time trying to keep the petco babies alive. I had 4 and only 1 managed to survive. I think they are put under too much stress at a too young of an age and their little immune systems just can't take it. Plus Petco's lack of care does not help.

However, if you do decide to try again, at least you know what to do.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #29 
skepkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
it has an undergravel filter which works by using an airstone, explanation can be seen here:http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pet...equipment7.htm
That makes so much more sense. Still. Not my favorite tank.
skepkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #30 
skepkat

Raz, so sorry about your little one.
skepkat is offline   Reply With Quote