Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #1 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Stupid Customers

I do not work in a pet store it would be nice if those of you who work in Pet Stores would share stories of ignorant customers and if you like ignorant employees too.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #2 
whiskandbowl

LOL it's a daily occurance.

My personal favorite was the lady who wanted to return the guinea pig she bought because her 5 year old wouldn't take care of it.

Or "my dog has been throwing up for 3 days, what do I do?"

Me: How many fish are in the tank?
Them: Oh none yet
Me: How big is the tank
Them: 5 gallon.
I then told them to only add 1 fish at a time, and come back in a week. Said that their max would be about 4-5 fish. They bought 7 that day.

"My wife using Fruit Loops to train the ferrets" (Ferrets are obligate carnivores, feeding sugars/carbohydrates leads to cancer)
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #3 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Funny, wait you reccomended more than 1 fish for a 5 gallon. All a five gallon could hold is 1 Betta. What kind of fish did she buy. Other than that you sound great. Funny stories. not to be mean the better you are the better are pet friends are.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #4 
whiskandbowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Funny, wait you reccomended more than 1 fish for a 5 gallon. All a five gallon could hold is 1 Betta. What kind of fish did she buy. Other than that you sound great. Funny stories. not to be mean the better you are the better are pet friends are.
This was before I joined here. I only knew what I had picked up in training. (Not much) I thought the rule was 1 fish per gallon (not one inch of fish per gallon, as I've read here). Learning a lot more now!

I think she may have bought guppies.

Not sure what you mean by your last comment.
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #5 
Perry the platypus

Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #6 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

One inch or fish per gallon rules are both inaccurate and bad. An oscar grows a foot and need a seventy five gallon. The fish stocking is way harder. Inch per gallon does not use oxygen needs, the water quality needs, excerise needs. Six danios need at least twenty gallons.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #7 
teeneythebetta

I think a vast majority of the human population can be considered ignorant.

And that is one reason that I prefer the furry creatures!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #8 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Me too prefer my aquatic friends. It saddens me the betta is so hard for someone to care for. Even though they are so easy to care for. People who know nothing about fish sem to try to give advice all the time. The one inch per gallon rule only works on a few like 5 species. It does not consider minimum tank size, waste output. What it eats, excerise needs, filtration, heating, aggression.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #9 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

For some reason the easiest fish to care bettas is the one people fail at the most.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #10 
DiiQue

I think the title is misleading... as stupid and ignorant are two entirely different things... I concur with ttb, most people are just ignorant. There are those few who will do whatever they want, but for the most part, if people are taught "You need to do X because of Y" vice "You do X because if you don't, then you are just stupid", more people will listen.

I was in the same boat as the ignorant before finding this forum. This was only after I had bought a 1.5g and three goldfish all in the same day... needless to say the fish didn't last long. I know better now and will never make that same mistake.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote