Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #51 
hotrodprincess
New Member
 
hotrodprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebug75 View Post
That's a good idea.
Ok so if you put it in club soda would you ever be able to put it in a tank with fish?
hotrodprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #52 
babystarz
Member
 
babystarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodprincess View Post
Ok so if you put it in club soda would you ever be able to put it in a tank with fish?
Yes, club soda is just water with CO2 added so it will not harm a tank.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #53 
hotrodprincess
New Member
 
hotrodprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Yes, club soda is just water with CO2 added so it will not harm a tank.

Thats good to know. We have a soda stream I could make some for my marimo this week.
hotrodprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #54 
hotrodprincess
New Member
 
hotrodprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
would shrimp eat a marimo Ball. I thought of getting a couple small shrimp for our tank would they eat it.
hotrodprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #55 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
didnt read the entire 6 pages so dont know if anyone clarified...
when the light is on, the moss ball photosynthesizes... and creates oxygen. this makes it lighter than water... and float.

naturally when the lights are off... they sink back down
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #56 
NorthernLights
Member
 
NorthernLights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
dumb question

Okay, so pardon my lack of understanding here...

Is there any downside to keeping a marimo ball in a tank?
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #57 
laynisample
Member
 
laynisample's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post
Okay, so pardon my lack of understanding here...

Is there any downside to keeping a marimo ball in a tank?
The only downside I've seen is that I have a super aggressive fish. He attacks anything that moves. As aokashi said marimo moss balls float when the light is turned on and sink when it's off. Well... my fish decided that he wasn't going to tolerate the floating thing in his tank and completely destroyed it. (I was picking out marimo bits for weeks from his tank.)

Other than that I have not seen a single downside. They're so cute and my other fish loves to poke at his with his nose.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #58 
Hopeseeker
Member
 
Hopeseeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington State
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynisample View Post
The only downside I've seen is that I have a super aggressive fish. He attacks anything that moves. As aokashi said marimo moss balls float when the light is turned on and sink when it's off. Well... my fish decided that he wasn't going to tolerate the floating thing in his tank and completely destroyed it. (I was picking out marimo bits for weeks from his tank.)

Other than that I have not seen a single downside. They're so cute and my other fish loves to poke at his with his nose.
WOW! He is aggressive!
But, it did make me smile, though. Just the thought of a ferocious little fish beating up a moss ball....kinda comical to envision.
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #59 
RedRaz
Member
 
RedRaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeseeker View Post
WOW! He is aggressive!
But, it did make me smile, though. Just the thought of a ferocious little fish beating up a moss ball....kinda comical to envision.
That makes me giggle too! :D Too funny.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #60 
RedRaz
Member
 
RedRaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
So do any of you recommend a site to buy them on? I didn't go through the 6 pages of comments yet to check if someone already answered this. My hubs really want some to put in our 10 gal tank. Question if I'm gonna start cycling my tank soon would these be okay to add while try to cycle?
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the big deal with Marimo Moss Balls? SageMyster Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 14 04-02-2012 11:33 PM
What exactly are marimo moss balls and are they worth getting? ChibiShishou Betta Chat 5 03-19-2012 10:35 PM
Java Moss, Marimo Balls, Duckweed bettalover2033 Betta Fish Classifieds 3 03-19-2012 09:11 AM
Best place to buy Marimo moss balls? loveDelphine21 Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 4 03-04-2012 05:08 PM
Marimo Moss Balls Caliban Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 15 10-18-2010 01:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.