Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #21 
LebronTheBetta

I don't know really... Just keep the water really warm, have the filter on high, and keep it dark. BB love that stuff! Just get some gravel out of there and that will probably reduce the cycle by half. The filter is inside the tank and its really a Hang On In filter. Lol
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #22 
Kess

If what you want is less water changes, USE REAL PLANTS! Invest in some plant-growing lights, and I promise you, the betta will appreciate it - so will you! You still have to do water changes, but since the plants break down ammonia into less harmful things, they will be much less often. I have two ten-gallon tanks and one fifteen, each with plants, and they're doing great. The bettas love hiding and laying on the plants, too!
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #23 
labloverl

Kess, I've been thinking of live plants as well.

Walmart doesn't have the tank I was originally linked, but they do have this one. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Glof...t-1ct/16940355 The only thing I don't like is that it has blue lights. You can't change them.

This one however, does have lights to change, but I'm not sure walmart carries replacement filter cartridges. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aquarius-G...-Pets/20699338
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #24 
sunlight

Even 3.5 gall you can just do 2 water changes about every 8 days still easier to take care then when you cycle. Sorry i am all about 50 and 100% water changes and you betta will be happy and healthy.

If you want less care 2 water changes in8 days less time then vacuum the gravel and take care of the filter. You still need to do it weekly + water changes weekly. Plus if filter too strong you need to buffle it and wash the sponge probably regularly.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote