Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #1 
Dozzem

Talking My Moss Ball, Called Bob

Hello, I haven't been on in a long time! Hey guys!

Anyway, Bob, my moss ball, is sick? He is not producing any bubbles and he slit almost clear in half! I tried to sow him back together after resurch but it never grew back together. I took the thread out today, in hope he healed in some way but he is worst! He is not a ball any longer! He is flat. Bob the moss ball has became Bob the flat bit of moss!

It this okay? Can I tie him to something and let him grow? I wanted to add him in a small tank with a bamboo and a few shrimps or something. But is he okay?

Advice on my little guy?
Dozzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

If you roll it together you have two. Splitting is the way to propagate moss balls. By bamboo do you mean lucky bamboo if so make sure leaves are above water.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #3 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Your moss ball is fine. My ball, mr puffles the other day split it two bigger moss balls. They can be grown into moss carpet or tied to decorations with fishing wire. If u feel a lump on your moss ball, that means it is reproducing and you will have a new moss ball in a while :)
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would grow two moss ball style.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #5 
Jupiter

I haven't had my moss balls split yet. Luck you!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #6 
Dozzem

I thought there was something really wrong with it! I even sowed it back together in hope it would repair! Hehe I'm happy and it looks a lot healthyer now, too! I made one half a ball and the other one I sowed onto a flat bit of rock. I'll call the ball Bob1 and the one on the rock Bob2! The Bobs are now in a tank with a luck bamboo (the leaves are out of the water, don't worry) and waiting for two shrimp and a snail to join them!

:D Thanks~

I might want to write a story about the Bobs. "The Bob Ball, Tared In Two. Never To Be The Same Again!" It would be a best seller!!
Dozzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #7 
OrangeAugust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
If u feel a lump on your moss ball, that means it is reproducing and you will have a new moss ball in a while :)
That's so weird. One of my moss balls is like this. When I first got it home I noticed that it wasn't perfectly round. But now there's a section where it looks like a big piece of it is about to come off. It's so weird that ALGAE could do that. lol
These moss balls are so funny. I love the stories where they move to get closer to the light and stuff. haha. Mine haven't done that, tho.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote