Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #1 
prettygirl72

Lightbulb food and water

Just to let all of you know, I'm not that new to bettas. I've had bettas before, but after I bought my half moon and crown male bettas, I wanted to learn more about them. Don't worry, i keep my bettas in large fish bowls and when i clean their bowls I put in stress zyme plus and a very small mount of prime for water treatment, but a little lost about what to feed them. Most of what I read, I should feed them freeze dried shrimp and blood worms, plus I should fast them for one day by giving them a small mount of frozen peas. Pellets and flake are good, I read that bettas that blood worms and freeze dried shrimp are betterWhat food is best for bettas? Please if someone can help me about whats best food for your betta, let me know and I'll be a happy camper. Take care and hope to hear from you.
Nicole
prettygirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

The foods you listed are treats only and are supposed to be fed 2-3 times a week. Bettas are carnivores so peas are bad for them when fed more 1/4 of the pea. Their digestive tract is made for meat so the pea's roughage can harm if fed a lot. High-Quality pellets are for their staple food. I recommend New Life Spectrum Betta Formula. Very high in quality and protein. (;
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #3 
prettygirl72

Thank you Lebron, I do have pellets, but the ones I have are TetraBetta plus and Aqueon. Does any pet store carry New Life Spectrum?
prettygirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Yes, I believe Petco has them. Find foods without cheap fillers in them. For example, wheat gluten and wheat flour. Most pellet foods have wheat flour as a binder but I'm sure NLS doesn't have wheat gluten.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #5 
toad

Omega One is a recommended brand on the forum, as well. That's the one that I use, currently.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote