Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #1 
minkymink

Betta Refuses to Eat

I recently bought a betta about a week and a half ago. When I bought him I purchased some freeze dried blood worms and betta pellets. He refuses to touch the freeze dried worms and will only eat a pellet every once in a while. Out of desperation I went out and bought some flakes, although I know they aren't good for them and naturally he didn't even acknowledge them! Are there any other alternative fish foods that I could try? Thanks!
minkymink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #2 
toad

It is common for betta fish not to eat for the first week or two after you bring them home. They can go for weeks without eating, even though it disturbs us as owners to see our pet turning away from food.

You could try frozen brine shrimp or blood worms, or a different brand of pellets. Perhaps micro pellets would be easier for the fish to eat. New Life Spectrum and Omega One are good brands of pellets :)
toad is offline   Reply With Quote